• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried about loose skin

Hi everyone.

As so many of you have done such an amazing job and have seen massive changes in your weight I was wondering if I could ask for some feedback. I was 25st 3lbs when I started this journey 4 weeks ago. I am now 23st 13lbs and waiting to go to my first consulatation on the 14th september. I am 5"9 and carry majority of my weight mainly around legs, bum and thighs. For those of you who have lost significant amounts of weight, how have you found loose skin? Althoug being thinner and healthy is a priority I cant help but worry about it a bit.

Thank you in advance for your help x

Yes know how you feel. I'm 6 months post sleeve op & 7stones 10lbs down. Loose skin starting to be a bit of a problem but the positive benefits are so huge , loose skin is the least of your problems. I'm giving it my best shot, using bio oil since day 1, regular excercise, but it's down to age, genetics etc my physio said & it's difficult for most to avoid. Surgery can be an option but costly & you need to maintain a goal weight for a good deal of time before considering. Hope that helps. Sure some others with better experience will fill you in.

Hi Caroline, I understand where you are coming from but health outweighs vanity every time.
Depending on how long you have been overweight will depend on how much loose skin there is, and whether you can re tone it.
The way I looked at it was I can have the loose skin and be able to live a happier healthier longer life. Or I could keep the weight on and not be able to get clothes that fit me any more, constantly worry about fitting in to the seat on a plane or in a Theatre, or ending up in a wheelchair or dead through heart attack. Once I said all that there wasn't a choice in my book.
Loose skin can be covered by clothes and you still look thin. No matter what we wear when we are fat we still look fat.

Mine is mainly the tops of my legs and my boobs. The rest of me has shrunk back quite well all things considered. I've always had bingo wings they just thin wings now lol x
Like everyone said you can't see threw your clothes and there's nothing can beat the feeling of buying 14-16.

I am in a similar boat to you, started at 24st 11, always been an exerciser, walking, pilates, zumba, keep fit biking you name it i'v tried it even boxercise, and trim traks. I am now 15st 6lb and I have some loose skin, bingo wings toned up as much as poss, tummy not too bad, apron maybe wher it stays loose, tops of my legs look wrinkly and more dimply where I was biggest but all have come down in size somewhat, just have to do what you can and yes you can be haelthy and happy with loose skin, just learn to cover it up just like we tried when we were larger xx

I started ay 19.6 and now 10.9 bit do have a fair bit of loose skin on my belly, thanks to having my child and being over weight lol, but you can cover it up and it honestly doesn't bother me as much as being bigger did. I have got photos if people want me to post them, and not forget everyone is different and hold weight in different areas. It does make me look bigger than 10.9 in photos but I don't mind I'm in a size 12-14 and loving it :-D x

To be honest with you it depends on your age, how big you were and how long you were that big.

I have at least 2st of excess skin and I hate it, it's a constant reminder of the girl I once was, although when clothed people can't see it, I constantly know it's there and am a little paranoid about it.

My PCT won't offer any surgery to correct and honestly at my age (42) I don't think I want to undergo anymore major surgery.

I have posted some excess skin photos on here in the past, I must warn you though, they are a bit shocking.

Just remember loose skin cant give you a heart attack or diabetes, i say thats win, win.
Thank god for shapewear!

Kim

You will do it & be strutting you stuff sooner than you think. Good luck.

I am 63 and have been FAT since I was 5
There is no way that any sort of exercise will help me and yes I do have lots of spare skin...
BUT
Loosing the 7 stone that I have in the last yeR way outweighs the skin issue

Just being able to walk, bend. Get in s bath, cut my toe nails etc etc etc WAY outweigh the skin issue..

My life is just beginning and my daughter tells me I should be proud of the bingo wings.. It proves how well I have done !!!

Good luck xxxx

Hi everyone, it's the first time I've been on here for a while, I have been taking collagen tablets and they are slowly but surely working for me with my hair, skin and nails. My hair got really thin and was breaking all of the time it has stopped breaking and is starting to thicken up. My nails were breaking all of the time, now I can grow them lovely. And I had skin rolling down around my knees and my calves which has almost gone, my tummy is slowly starting to shrivel but I'm not sure if it is helping my bingo wings but mu daughter said they are getting better. Also I have been using bio-oil and firming gel and drinking plenty of water. My BMI is now 33 it was 52 before the op, the Dr said if I can get to 28 then I can have a TT but no other surgery. Hope this helps xxx

Hi......chances are you will have loose skin, mine is awful in places but hey whats the alternative?
Life is so much better without the weight so get a pair of super strong knickers and enjoy your life. xxx

I think what's truly worrying me is that I don't have a partner at the moment. Once I have lost the weight and maybe meet some one I suppose I'm worried about their reaction to loose skin. But then anyone who can't love me as I am is not worth it I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I hadn't replied before you said this bit because I have a slightly different view. Whilst I do agree having saggy skin is so much better than being being obese and all the risks that go with it, I can also see having excessive saggy skin is going to be something that could be a real concern when it comes to confidence. I'm single like you. I'm happy that way for now but I don't want to be forever. I know I will get confidence with my clothes on and that's great. I can't wait, there is going to be so much I can do but the thought of getting to know someone and thinking you can trust them, then telling them about how you use to be huge and you lost lots of weight, your skin sags etc. fills me with dread. So I understand where you are coming from. I'm not a lot of help unfortunately as I feel the same as you but just wanted to let you know you're not alone in feeling this way x

Back