• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried about loose skin

I've found that at first my saggy skin was getting bad when the weight was falling off, now it's slowed down the skin seems to have caught up a bit. I've had a C-section so I'm expecting a little lower tummy overhang but at the moment everything isn't too bad at all. I've lost 5+ stone and have 2 to go to get to the upper BMI limit.

I didn't know you could get collagen supplements. I take so many supplements one more can't hurt! I'm off to google it now!

Seems like it will help my joints and muscular conditions too so I'm off to H&B tomorrow to get some.

Thanks Shelley Marie. It doesn't matter what anyone says people are judgemental and it will make trusting someone really hard. I'm sure there is someone amazing out there and I hope that a slim me with my bright personality will be enough. I'm glad someone understands though. Thanks for the support x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Yes that is the thing for me. I will have to be able to trust some so much for me to ever share that with them, probably more than most people would have to just date someone. My friends who aren't married or in serious relationships often go on dates but I feel like this will be difficult for me. The only thing I can think for us both is that we might have so much more confidence when we've lost our weight that we don't find the idea of loose skin such a problem. Plus you never know you might not a have much of a problem anyway, some people don't :) x

Last edited:
I have bingo wings, a very small stomach overhang, and some melted candle effects on my bum and upper thighs, but at my age (64) I can hardly expect to look like a girl. So surgery is definitely not for me. I look fine in clothes, I'm under 10st, and without clothes I look perfectly OK too; hubby hasn't complained anyway!

Karen19745 said:
Hi everyone, it's the first time I've been on here for a while, I have been taking collagen tablets and they are slowly but surely working for me with my hair, skin and nails. My hair got really thin and was breaking all of the time it has stopped breaking and is starting to thicken up. My nails were breaking all of the time, now I can grow them lovely. And I had skin rolling down around my knees and my calves which has almost gone, my tummy is slowly starting to shrivel but I'm not sure if it is helping my bingo wings but mu daughter said they are getting better. Also I have been using bio-oil and firming gel and drinking plenty of water. My BMI is now 33 it was 52 before the op, the Dr said if I can get to 28 then I can have a TT but no other surgery. Hope this helps xxx

Hi Karen - what's TT ?

You may want to read a diary by hopelesscase I think it was as she too was partnerless to start with. In it she mentions her loose skin.

Oh I'll go have a read. Thanks for the tip Yve as this has been on my mind too xx

I thought about the loose skin issue too. Top marks for all your positive thinking.
I have bio oil too, use it every day. I have been told I have lovely soft skin so, I'm hopping my stretched skin will spring back > fingers crossed lol
Keep up the good work guys x

Back