• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried about pre op diet

dragonflyshar

Hi everyone, (still new so if this is in the wrong place sorry lol)

I am pre op, 25 stone, and gastric bypass being done 29th March 2011

Here are my concerns ~ I have rheumatoid arthris and am on methotrexate that I take weekly, my RA consultant mentioned to me that they will probably ask me to stop taking my methotrexate before my op as it can effect the liver, but my pre med is 2 days before the surgery, what should I do stop taking the drug or contact the hospital and ask them

Concern number 2 (sorry to waffle on)
I am going to a family wedding in Ireland on the 22nd March and the secretary who spoke to me about my op said start the pre op diet on the 12th of March, watch what i do at the wedding then back on it for the last 4 days. I am worried about my liver shrinking enough, but some people have advised me to speak to the chef at the wedding. You know what ~ I hope you can understand me ~ i am 25 stone and asking the chef for a special portion, I feel so foolish and embarrased to do this. So my plan is to eat off my plate what I know i should have. Alcohol no problem as I have been tee total since for over a year now since starting my WLS journey

This is a ridulous long thread but opinions and advise needed please
:confused:

Back