• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Laura Gold

Hi all,
So coming up to a week on this LSD but i had had a couple of little slip ups.
Does anyone if you get any wiggle room or have a ruined it and will have to have the surgery rescheduled?
it was only little things like some crisps (3 syns on slimming world) but i am really worried now

_Victoria_

What LSD are you supposed to be doing, Laura? Have you weighed yourself to see how much weight you've lost so far on your diet?

Maria61

Hi all,
Does anyone if you get any wiggle room or have a ruined it and will have to have the surgery rescheduled?
it was only little things like some crisps (3 syns on slimming world) but i am really worried now
Please be careful Laura as this is so important and you are so close to surgery. I would imagine you will be ok but do stick with it for the rest of the time. I wish you good luck and every success xxx

ladilindy

You need to focus on the fact that the LSD is NOT about losing weight (it doesn't matter how many syns are in the food, it is not on your plan), it is about shrinking your liver to make surgery safe. As Maria says, you will probably be ok but you must stick to your plan from now on. Good luck

Lynn x

_Victoria_

Stick with it, try not to have anymore slips. Although the diet isn't actually about losing weight my dietitian said that you lose weight because you use the energy from your muscles and your liver first which is how your liver shrinks... So as long as you lose your 5% you should be okay. But like people say it's really important to stick to it as strictly as possible because the smaller you can get it the better and less risky it is for you

Carolineh

Hi Laura,
The milk diet I’ve been told to stick to is 4pts of semi skimmed milk, 1 small sugar free jelly, stock cube in water. How are u finding it? As I’m not looking forward to starting it x

Bling Babe

Hi all,
I think the important consideration here is commitment, your wls is only a tool for you to work with, if you are struggling to commit to the pre op diet it could mean you are going to struggle afterwards too, please be certain you completely understand what is expected of you and the consequences of not working with your tool otherwise you are setting yourself up for failure, I’m really sorry , I know this sounds harsh but it is vitally important as “wiggling” could be the start of a downward spiral. X