• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried I’m going to be turned down.

Hattiesmum

hi, New here :)

I saw my doctor on Tuesday who is referring me for wsl. I have to have a blood test next week. My bmi is 51, im 27 and have been overweight since I was 5. Numerous diets, I have literally tried everything. I can lose the weight easily by doing a liquid diet but I can not keep it off. My lowest weight was 17 stone and I maintained for a week before putting it all back on.

I’m at the end. I have lipoedema too which makes walking and exercising hard. They are so heavy with the extra weight on top too.

I’m so scared I’m getting my hopes up

I’m in Leicester.

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Hello and welcome!

Although I don't live that far from you (I'm in Coventry) I don't know how it works in Leicester.

With your BMI and previous attempts at weight loss, you 'should' at least get referred and progressed. You have the referral now so it's just a case of waiting.

Unfortunately, what happens post referral depends on where you live. Do you know the pathway for your area?

Wishing you all the best with it though and don't give up pushing for it xx

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
I've just done a quick Google and it came up with LNDS Weight Management (Leics Nutrition & Dietetic Service). It says a clinic is held at Braunstone for patients who meet the referral criteria. Which is the same as the NICE guidelines, ie BMI of 35 with co morbidities and 40+ with none. The programme lasts for 12 months and you must attend all appointments to be considered for surgery.

Hope that helps! x

Hi Hattiesmum

I am in Leicester too. I think because my BMI is over 50 I only had to spend 6 months on tier 3. The referral will be quite quick but I think you have to attend a group session first now before seeing the dietitian.

Maria61

hi, New here :)

I saw my doctor on Tuesday who is referring me for wsl. I have to have a blood test next week. My bmi is 51, im 27 and have been overweight since I was 5. Numerous diets, I have literally tried everything. I can lose the weight easily by doing a liquid diet but I can not keep it off. My lowest weight was 17 stone and I maintained for a week before putting it all back on.

I’m at the end. I have lipoedema too which makes walking and exercising hard. They are so heavy with the extra weight on top too.

I’m so scared I’m getting my hopes up

I’m in Leicester.
Good luck to you, my BMI was 51 and I did tier 3 for 6 months, had surgery 5 months ago at Luton hospital.