• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried I may have some food stuck?

brollie

Hi
I just wondered if anyone can advise me. For my lunch today I had half a chicken breast with some vegetables, this was around 1.30pm. Since then, I have felt extremely bloated and uncomfortable, is it possible I could have some food stuck?
I have been able to drink NAS squash since then, and nothing has come back up, however as the discomfort is not easing I am feeling rather worried as I have not experienced this feeling before.
Has anyone else had similar feelings?

If you did have food 'stuck' the urge to regurgitate it would be overwhelming.
You've probably just irritated the nerve endings. Just take it easy and make sure food is well masticated before swallowing in small amounts.

Sorry this is too late to help but I have heard banders saying that sipping warm/hot drinks helps.
As a bypass patient I find that hot drinks helps me too
Hope you are feeling ok today

Oh Brollie, how are you feeling? has it gone?

The only time I've had that sort of feeling was when I ate something quickly (even tho I thought it was slowly lol) and the build up of wind was painful . . .

I hope it has eased

Hi, thanks for the replies, feeling somewhat better today, although still have an awful bloated feeling! However nothing has come back up...thank goodness. Think I may just have a liquid day today and let things settle. Must remember to eat more slowly and smaller mouthfuls.....some habits are hard to break!!
Thank you all again,
Liz xx

They are indeed Liz, have you tried using some wind relief tablets, deflatine for instance? I've found they helped when I was feeling bloated but found Boots own worked better than deflatine, they certain help to disperse that bloated feeling :)

Hi

Glad you are feeling a little better today. If you are feeling bloated its unlikely to be stuck food, you would feel that much higher up - almost a won't go down kind of feeling.

Bloating could be wind - not pleasent, occuring naturaly or by eating too quickly.

Slowing down is the hardest thing to get used to but you will get used to it, otherwise there will be many a meal making a second appearence!

xx

Back