• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm poorly and worried

iheartny

Hi Guys,
Fist of all it's been ages since I posted on here but I have been lurking around noseying.

Anyway I have a problem and I am looking for some advice.

Went out for a few drinks last night, had a dirty burger afterwards - didn't eat the bread - just the meat and sloppy cheese :sign0137:

Anyway, I really struggled afterwards - didn't seem to be able to get it down, just had the uncomfortable feeling. Had a glass of water when I got home an hour later and that didn't help.

Woke up this morning at about 6 still feeling like something was stuck so had a couple of cups of tea to try and relax, they stayed down but that is as much as I have kept down today.

Tried eating some beans at breakfast - had to bring them up
Tried pea soup at dinner ditto,
Just tried some carrot soup and am so very uncomfortable.

I'm starting to get a bit upset about this today - Himself is paniking, and so am I, I'm scared I've got something going wrong.

Does anyone have experience of this? I just don't know what to do and I'm worried.

:innocent0001:

Last edited:
I have had it happen a few times. It sounds as though the food is still stuck. Just continue sipping warm liquids and I would avoid food until this subsides.

It sounds as though something is stuck there but I am sure it will go sooner or later. Try not to eat anything as that will make it worse. You will continue to feel sore for a little while after being sick. You are also likely to be a bit swollen so that will mean everything is a tighter.

My provider has told me to drink pure pineapple juice if something gets stuck so try that if things dont get any better.

I am sure it is fine but stick to fluids for 24 hours and if it is no better ring your provider.

yup this is a classic band blockage this is what happens when you eat foods that you shouldnt the blockage should disperse if you sip on boiled plain hot water as it will soften the blockage and hopefully move it on, i know of 1 lady that did this with with kebab meat and had to have an emergency de fill to move the stuck food, please try to be more carefull with your food choices in the future as its not worth the pain and discomfort, i hope you feel better soon x

ok hun, just sip as if u gulp it will come back as it has no path way down because of the blockage, it may take a few attempts, but it needs to stay in the pouch long enough to soften the stuck food, also try to stay calm as panicking will make it worse, let me know how you get on x

Hi All, just to let you know that yesterday I was back to my normal self - after a couple of days of drinking hot water. It was certainly a lesson to me and I really do have to calm down when I've had a drink. I don't think fretting about things helped either.
My tummy still feels a little sore so I am taking things steady at the minute, but thanks for the advice and reassurance - it really did help,
xxxxx

Hi All, just to let you know that yesterday I was back to my normal self - after a couple of days of drinking hot water. It was certainly a lesson to me and I really do have to calm down when I've had a drink. I don't think fretting about things helped either.
My tummy still feels a little sore so I am taking things steady at the minute, but thanks for the advice and reassurance - it really did help,
xxxxx
BuYl-175-1_yfGm2YfoHN.gif

Glad you're recovered. We really do let our diets go out of the window when we're under the influence of alcohol don't we? I live very close to a takeaway shop and I don't think they've ever seen me sober.

Back