• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried newbie..

xmidgetgemx

Hello peeps...

I have my first Tier 3 appointment on Friday at Spire.. Was wondering what to expect for the first appointment..

I've also been given a weeks food diary..

Hello newbie, dont be worried they are there to help you ! The first meeting is normally all about you, how you got to where you are re your weight, what type of eater you are normally take your current weight, height blood tests etc, just a kind of mot , a start point or at least thats how my one went like im sure ive missed something out so I guess others will swing by with the bitsive missed out

Hi hun, it's all very friendly, Sally will go through your diary with you, measure and weigh you and generally go through what's expected of you over the next six months. Oh you will also get a pedometer to use which to be honest is pants I used a fitbit, you'll discuss targets and food swaps, portion sizes etc. Don't worry Sally really is lovely very easy to talk to and not one bit judgemental. Good luck!!! Xxx

Thankyou both, I'm probably worrying over nothing.. Will I be asked if surgery is what I'm aiming for or will I need to mention it xx

I think I was asked honestly you don't need to worry, I was terrified so I know how you're feeling but really was nothing to worry about xxx

I said on my first appointment that I wanted to make myself clear that I would like surgery to ensure they understood. I said I would fully adhere to everything they asked me to do however I believed after many years of yoyo dieting that my body needed stability and the tool of surgery would be a positive step. I let Sally inform me of everything she needed to before I said this and I also asked what the chances were. My fitness coach Joanne again I made it clear to her when I saw her and Lin the cognitive Therapist. I ensured I worked hard and lost 16kg lots of inches and ate appropriately so I understood what I could and could do after surgery. Enjoy and embrace these few months of help as its vital you fully understand. Look forward to hearing how you went.....x x

Thankyou, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.. Just lots about what I eat and when, why etc.. Measurements, weight.. Goal.. Need to lose 15kg in the 6 months.. Looking at the Fitbit charge HR as well as the Fitbit scales.. So expensive but quite posh lol..

She said surgery will be a possibility after etc.. X

So pleased you made it ;) 15kg isn't so bad, you can do it, keep positive! Everyone is behind you just take one day at a time xxx

Back