• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A Newbie with some questions!

Chill

Hi,

I completed the 6 month weigh ahead at Spire Southampton in
July and was recommended for surgery. I have my first appointment with Mr Byrne next Friday and was told it would take approx 2 hours.
Can anyone tell me what to expect at that appointment and does it mean I have funding?
I'm pretty sure I've put weight back on since July can the refuse me because of that?
Thanks
Claire

Sorry I can't answer your question as I'm at L and D and haven't got as far as you have yet but just wanted to say Hi and welcome, I'm sure you will get lots of help and advice on this fab forum, good luck to you x

Sorry, I had a different provider to you, and they're all so different I have no idea what will happen for you next. But, I still wanted to say hello and welcome.

Hey, usually if you manage to get an appointment with the surgeon you usually have funding. I wasn't told I had funding at any point until I asked and they told me they wouldn't be doing the appointments if you didn't have it. Not sure regarding the spire - my first appointment that was two hours was at homerton and that was with someone who took note of my diet before and after etc I changed my diet a lot befor that appointment so she said it'd benefit me to tell her my old habits. I'm sure lots of patients have put weight on in the time frame - I know I did. This is your pre pre op stuff. Try not to worry too much. If They want you to lose some weight you'll be motivated by the appointment etc :)

Good luck with your journey x

Hello and very warm welcome to you

Welcome and good luck from me too :)

Back