• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried

shelleyt

Hi I am 6 wks post op and on soft diet, my problem is I don't have a full feeling, I've only felt it once after jacket potato and tuna. I have around 6tbs of food on my plate but usually don't eat it all because I dont want to push my new stomach and feel poorly. About 1hr later I have an empty feeling in my stomach, is this something that others have experienced? I had a gastric sleeve.:confused:

shelleyt said:
Hi I am 6 wks post op and on soft diet, my problem is I don't have a full feeling, I've only felt it once after jacket potato and tuna. I have around 6tbs of food on my plate but usually don't eat it all because I dont want to push my new stomach and feel poorly. About 1hr later I have an empty feeling in my stomach, is this something that others have experienced? I had a gastric sleeve.:confused:

Hi don't worry soft food goes down easier, you are probably not eating enough, I think I was eating more than 6 tbs at 6 weeks. You will feel more restriction when you move onto solids :) just wait till you eat your first bit of meat lol. If your still hungry in the mean time while on soft food try having some snacks or a bit more food with your meal. X

Will do, thank you, I've got 2 more weeks then I move on to solids, I am paranoid that the op isn't going to work as I don't want to be a failure again as with other diets, I also feel a lot of pressure from friends and colleagues because they keep asking how much I've lost as though I should be losing daily!!!

I thought that until I moved on to solids now I feel full after a handful of any food sometimes I still get head hunger but have a big glass of iced water & the hunger goes! I never thought I'd eat only 3 meals a day & remain full as pre op I never felt full up! You will get there Clo x c

I agree with you all I am never hungry but my head says i am the puree stage i ate regularly like suggested band small portions (miniscule) now I know what and how much is going to make me almost ful and stop before i get to that point you have to learn when that is xx

i didnt start getting any full feelings until i started on normal foods which for me was week 12... so dont worry hun... just listen to your body... remember on soft food stage the foods go down easier... its when you start tryig new textures that any restriction kicks in xx

I'm 2 wks post-op tomorrow and I keep thinking its not going to work for me either as I never feel full but everyone keeps telling me to wait until I'm eating proper food! For the last few days I've been eating half purée/half mash cos I was struggling with purée but I'm back on purée today cos now I'm worried that I'll be stretching my pouch, arh it's hard work until I know what I can and can't eat and the amounts i can eat, hopefully it will all fall into place soon, I suppose it is still early days. Good luck with your journey x

Thank you for all your comments, I will listen to my body. Your support is much appreciated. Psare good luck with your journey too xx

slowly but surely you'll learn to go with your body take your time on the pureed stage i even had bits of stuffing at 1 point with dinner and blended chicken, i felt better blending the veg up separate and then potato on its own as well so that i had several very small piles of food with gravy on it was pureed but still separated like you would have a small sunday lunch that worked for me but we are all different trial and error xx

Back