• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried About Op.

Evenstarr

I've got my op in 4 weeks time and I'm really worried about something which I'm sure all you post oppers will say is silly, but I'm really hoping you can put my mind at rest.
I'm worried that I'll have the anaesthetic, go to sleep and come round later only to be told that I haven't had my bypass because there was a problem with my stomach.
Has this ever happened to anybody? I know ops can be cancelled because of illness, but has anyone actually ever woken up and found they haven't had their op? :confused:,

It's normal to think like that but you'll be fine please don't worry
Just think 4 weeks time you'll be post op
Take care and don't worry
Mark

Two weeks today I had my op Emma.

Pre op Mr Ackroyd saw me. Went through the risks etc and asked me f a bypass was not possible for whatever reason would I just want nothing done or a sleeve. Elected for sleeve but in the event the bypass was possible.

Two weeks today I had my op Emma.

Pre op Mr Ackroyd saw me. Went through the risks etc and asked me f a bypass was not possible for whatever reason would I just want nothing done or a sleeve. Elected for sleeve but in the event the bypass was possible.

Thanks, I've been so worried about it, I'll definitely opt for a sleeve if I can't have a bypass.
Em xx

I think it's highly unlikely (other than not doing the liver shrinkage diet when they are meant too) that someone would be opened up and their op not be done for some other reason. These surgeons are extremely skilled at what they do and they will work hard to make sure your surgery happens if at all possible. Try not to worry, I know it's hard but you will be fine :) x

Hey hun,
If you stick to your pre op diet and do everything that your team have asked of you, you will be absolutely fine! I worried about this briefly but then I stopped because I was very good on my diet so I knew that I hadn't done anything to jeopardize my op!
*Rubs Her Halo* :character00238:

Aaaw thanks you guys, I know I'm been silly worrying and when the time comes I'll stick religiously to the milk diet.
You've all put my mind at rest.
Em xxxx

Have you had the camera? If you have, then you should have nothing to worry about. Although it is something I've thought about it, but I have enough things on my mind, I shoudn't worry

No I haven't had the camera :eek:

It must be different areas that do things differently. If you have no symptoms with problems to your stomach, you shouldn't have any issues.

Em,

I'll let you into a little secret.....

I was excited but nervous leading up to my surgery date....I acted all cool and confident.
UNTIL...I was registered on the day, took to my room, and there - I done a emotional hissy fit....being scared of not waking up, being scared it would go wrong, having a go at Taffy my partner for silly things....

But my nurse came in, laughed at me and told me - its a natural reaction - everyone has it....your'll be fine and this is a life changing event for you - smile, be happy and look forward to the new you.....It gave me some confidence back, I stopped crying, and *****ing at Taffy and realised -I needed to do this, for me, only me, as it is something Ive wanted for so long....

Now look at me - loving my band, losing weight, feeling great and knowing it was the best thing ive ever done!

So have your worrying time, get it out of your system, read everyones experiences, know the bad things but outweigh them with all the good things everyone writes about.

And remember, we are friends now, so you wanna know anything, or just want someone to chat too, to ease your mind - then you only have to say 'Hi' and I will chat for England with ya :) x

Back