• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried

inca10012

I am 5 weeks post op tomorrow, from 4 weeks post op I have had no restriction at all whatsoever.

Now I know I have empty band and won't have my first fill until 9th May, but I had some restriction due to swelling and healing etc.

Well now I am worried, it feels like normal, like I don't have a band, the operation was just a dream.

My portion sizes are getting bigger, I can eat bread, and all meats - is this normal in-between healing and first fill?

Could you eat anything until first fill - or did you still have problems with foods?

I am terrified the band has come undone, or I have stretched something.

Help

You have not done any damage I don't think but will advice to follow your provider rules. I was not allowed any meat apart from mince for 3 months post op. It took me 5 months and 4 fills to feel restriction. Don't want to be negative but want to be honest in the fact that sometimes it takes time and until then try and find ways to make it work ww calorie counting whatever will help you. Good luck

Firstly, don't panic. I am sure all will be ok. Call your provider and speak with them, ask if you can see them and give an outline of everything you can and can't do. Give measurements of what you can eat and drink and let them decide the next step.

Back