• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

worried

Nkpjkb56

i dont know if this is normal 3rd week post op gastric band do not feel any restriction i dont know if its in my head have to stop myself from eating more very bloated this morning and the scales say that i have put 5 pound on

Yes it is absolutely completely normal to not feel any restriction at this point, as you said the other day about your hunger, it is normal after the swelling has gone down around the stomach that it will return. Especially if at the time of surgery you didn't have any fluid put into your band.

Its at this time, that you really have to be careful, stick to the portion size of the foods that you're allowed to eat. If you're progressing from liquids through to mash, it is also common that weight is put on at this time due to the food change. I've just done a stint on liquids and mash for 2 weeks post a defill and I put on 4lb!

The losses tend to come when you're on proper "band friendly" foods, focussing on the protein, but also when you've begun to have your fills. In the meantime, stick with the guidelines on portion size, fill up on protein based foods and use these to snack too, but its quite normal that you don't feel restriction at this point post surgery and pre fills.

:)

As Top_Kat says, yes, it's all very normal. I'm someone else who gains weight on liquids and mushies after each fill. I can't explain it, but it happens each time.
Bear with it and you'll see a difference once you move onto solid food again.

I had my op at the beginning of august. I've had three fills so far, and I'm just starting to feel a little bit of restriction. It takes time to get to the sweet spot with a band.

Back