• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No restriction - my problems :(

PinkDaisy

I will do it this time!
Hi Guys

Before I start, I dont regret getting this band just wish the damn thing wud work!! If your waiting to get a band or are new to banding then dont let this put u off, im just unlucky :(

I got my band 29th august 2009, 5 months ago. I have 7.5mls in a 12ml band and have absolutely no restriction and never have had. I had a fill on thursday just gone and she said give it 5 days and if still no difference she is arranging xray. 5 days later .....no restriction. Really gutted i hoped it wud work this time. Their is no leak as she got 6.5mls out of the band from last time so its not going anywhere but she thinks band cud have slipped or been placed too high up. Im ringing them tomorrow to tell them I need the xray.

Just wanted to know if anyone has had or heard anythin similar?

I dont wana have to go through it all again. Ive lost about 2 stone but pure will power

XXX

XX any advice or experience welcome xx

Im sorry you are having a tough time with your band.
Im sure that when you get the x-ray, the problem will be identified and fixed.

Good luck with it all and dont give up! It will all work out in the end. Congratulations on the weight loss too, you've done really well.

x

I had my whole first year with crap restriction hun, I think you're doing pretty well so far. Unfortunately , we do have to exercise a lot of will power with the band at all stages. I'm sure you'll hit the lucky sweet spot in the next couple fills. In the meantime you aren't the only one who is frustrated, so don't worry. I'm sure your surgery team will do all they can to help you succeed with the band if you explain the difficulties and worries you have. Good luck x

Verity we have chatted else where u know it may be just fine tuning the band, please get them to check for a band tilt ok as this may be a reason ok x

Hi Verity

I hope for your sake they dont find that the band is too high or has slipped! Hopefully its just a case of needing another fill (or two!?). Im not sure with your band what the limit for fills is but I know with my 9mil band Wendy has on some occasions filled beyond the 9mil.

Good luck x

Hi there,
I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time with your restriction. I too went through a period of thinking that maybe, the op had not worked for me or that there was a leak... but with time and many band adjustments, that is no longer an issue.

I too had to rely heavily on will power - so I know what you going through.

Wishing you the best of luck!!!

A xxx

Hi Verity
thanks for sharing the disappointing truth , i'm 1 wk away from my band op , and wish you all the best , please keep us up dated, as these difficult issues help us all understand that not everyone has the same experiences and what we should do if we face the same thing , chin up keep battling on, i'm sure it'll pay off.

Hey all! Well I have had confirmation from the nurse that she is going to arrange an xray so shud find out soon, il keep u updated on it, thanks for all ur messages xx very kind xx

Good luck Pink-daisy hope it all works out well for in the end,

Back