• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wow! 4 months!!

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
Well this time 4months ago I was walking into the theatre for my surgery....how quickly time flies :eek:

I thought I'd do a quick update as to whats been happening:)

My whole life was turned upside down before Christmas when my father ended up in hospital for 3 weeks after a bowel cancer scare...he's had to have part of the bowel removed and now has a temporary stoma:cry:

Now one of my biggest problems pre op was not eating regularly (if at all) I just "forget" to eat. Burying myself in work is my escape from things I don't wish to deal with.

So I was very disappointed with myself, when I weighed at boots just before Christmas and I'd put on 3lbs :cry::eek:

I know I've had loads of extra stress the last few weeks, with dad in hospital- didn't believe he'd come home at all for a while, the business hasn't been doing very well, (I'm the one that takes care of all the money issues) which always puts massive strain on me and my relationship with OH, so I've been ridiculous and gone back to not eating at all and taking very little water on board.But its still not an excuse...what a waste of money if I can't make this work:(:eek:

I was weighed at my 3month hospital appointment (14th Dec) and that showed a loss of 4lbs, but I think I should have checked with my usual scales, I choose to "accept" the great loss...knowing deep down that I hadn't been following my plan very well.....

So in reality I lost 1lb in 2 weeks...kick up the a**e taken,accepted and WILL be worked on:D

Clothes continue to be an issue. My biggest problem is that at the beginning of the year I discarded all my "clothes for when I loose weight!" that I had accumalated over the years....yes we all have a wardrobe full....most of it still with tags on!!!because I'd resigned myself to never being slim....that was before I embarked on this fabulous adventure

Now all I have to wear is
2 pairs of trousers ( both too large)
2 tops ( again too large!)
1 bra, new,.... got to control those babies:eek:
1 new red dress, black tights and shoes to go with it ( bought for Christmas...who'd have thought):cool:
1 long sleeved top (sale purchase)
and a cami top again bought in the sales

So I still don't have many clothes options....only now I don't mind because what I have got looks SOoooooO much better.( plus I don't want to have to spend money for only a few weeks!!)

When I started on this adventure of mine I was classed as severely obese and I'm pleased to announce I'm now moderately obese!!
My new T shirt size is a size 16!! ....................Yeah!!!!! 4months ago it was 22/24 Also I was, at my largest, 42 KK bra size and my newest bra is 34 H.......There is hope for us all :D!!!!

I woke up one morning a couple weeks ago and realised I'd lost a chin too.:wave_cry::D Its really strange, the weight has come off in places that don't normally shift on diets. First I noticed my arms have become quite skinny and I have ankles. My bum has shrunk along with my legs. Boobs have become less volumous :)eek:) and I can even run now without giving myself a black eye! I can't ever see me running up the beach "bay watch"style in a bikini... but I am looking forward to our next holiday and not being hot, bothered and all sweaty

I think I will probably have a bit of excess skin that might need attention but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, the NHS will defo not be helping there:mad:

On Christmas Eve we always have our main Christmas Dinner...I was cooking for 10.

I spent a lovely afternoon pottering around the kitchen, we have a vegetarian in the family so her's is cooked minus any meaty things, mine without any fat, littlest andbaby with nothing touching!! etc

I ate a small slice of turkey thigh, a small potato, a bit of homemade stuffing and delicious gravy. Not bothered about sweet stuff, but enjoyed a glass of Rose too.....very happy evening was had by all.
Dad ended up in hospital again Christmas day and had to have 4pints of blood!! as he'd developed a leak. He stayed in for another 4 days, not the best way to spend Christmas, but he's back home again now, hopefully for good this time:)

Tonight I'm off to Zumba Class:eek::eek::eek: I promised myself that I'd do this as soon as I lost some weight as it looks like a lot of fun, we will see how I get on with that!!

My youngest and I are going to start Geocaching this weekend - another thing on my list of to dos for this year along with starting horse riding again and I really want to do one of those driving challenges. The ones where you drive lorries, fire engines and buses and stuff!!:D

Well thats me up to date I think. Overall I'm very happy with me!! I like what I see in the mirror each day and I'm trying to make sure I always look my best. People compliment me every day, which is nice and I'm learning to say thank you and accept them. This is a new hobby for me - counting the compliments:eek::D

I know I've still got a way to go...I would like to lose another 2 stone before my birthday (50!!!:eek::eek::eek:) in April. I kow I'll have to keep drinking more more and eat regularly to do that and I'm aware that after April it will be harder to lose.

So here goes

Have a fabulous 2012............I certainly intend to !!!

awww sarah what a great read :) you're doing so well and i want to do as well as you :) i'll say a little prayer for your dad tonight too, good luck honey :) xxx

Sarah ... my little flower :) I am sooo happy you are back on track & seeing a good result for your money. I am terribly sorry about your Dad & hope he is making a good recovery. It is very hard watching someone who means the world to you suffer :wave_cry:
I am guessing your business is a bit seasonal too, so this should soon be picking up for you.
I really wish you all the best in all areas of your life & have always considered you one of my bestist WLS buddies so hope 2012 is the best year for you & your lovely family yet :):) xxx
.PS can we have some video footage of your Zumba classes :eek::eek: lol.

Sarah, I'm so glad your dad is on the mend or at least staring on it. I'm glad you're starting to do the things you want & finding pleasure in clothes & those deserved compliments, but now to sort you out my girl as far as eating & drinking is concerned. If you don't eat or drink properly even with the supplements you will stop losing as your body goes into starvation mode & hangs onto every ounce. I know it's tough remembering to eat when we have no appetite but we must. May I suggest you set alarms on your phone for set meal times prepare something to take to work or wherever you will be at the time you set for lunch & yes it's tough thinking of something you will want for lunch at breakfast time to pack a lunch when you don't feel interested in breakfast either, but we have to eat & drink to make this work for us & stay healthy & safe.
It's tough to to break old coping habits but you need to be stern with yourself otherwise the business problems & your poor dad will be the least of your worries with you back in hospital.
So please my lovely take the time to ensure you stay well, physically & emotionally so you can be there for your family & business. May I suggest a book the emotional first aid kit for bariatric surgery. It takes you through new coping strategies for times of stress that can get us reaching for the old comfort blanket habits. Well worth a look. I think I've got the name right if not check through my diary I think I put it in there or pm me & I'll find my copy to ensure I give you the right name & isbn number.
Take care of yourself hun.

Sarah ... my little flower :) I am sooo happy you are back on track & seeing a good result for your money. I am terribly sorry about your Dad & hope he is making a good recovery. It is very hard watching someone who means the world to you suffer :wave_cry:
I am guessing your business is a bit seasonal too, so this should soon be picking up for you.
I really wish you all the best in all areas of your life & have always considered you one of my bestist WLS buddies so hope 2012 is the best year for you & your lovely family yet :):) xxx
.PS can we have some video footage of your Zumba classes :eek::eek: lol.

Definately NOT!!! I've just got in and it was hilarious. Very, very fast and I realise that I have very little rhythm:sigh: At one point Gill, the instructor, started doing some sort of "vogue" hand moves, so I decided to concentrate on my feet!! Then she did such fancy legwork so quickly that I decided that I'd just work on my hips:eek::eek::D:D

But it was great fun and I'll certainly be back next week

Thanks you all for your lovely replies, I really appreciate your support.

And Penny I promise to do better, I have got my phone set, but I have been just ignoring it. NOT ANY MORE!!!!

New Year, new me!!!

Sarah you have done so flippin well and a few bad times can soon be sorted.
Sorry your Dad is having a rough time, its worse when you can not do anything to sort it out, have been there but i hope he gets well and enjoys his new girl xxxx

You've done so brilliantly Sarah. An inspiration and a lovely friendly lady too. Always there with a helpful or kind word. Glad you're Dad's home, it's horrible seeing your parents suffering isn't it.

Keep going, you're doing so well, and don't you go forgetting to eat lovely.

Kate x

Big hugs hun and another big Rayne hug for your dad xxx

Back