• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

wow

Poppy

I don't post as often as I should.

Have had a rough time - things fine for the first 6 months and then started
to have serious malabsorbtion and dumping what ever I eat. Have now lost 8 stone and today I finally reached my goal of wearing size 14 jeans :)

Just wondered if anyone has had a similar experience, after review with my team I am now taking 35 tablets a day - calcium, folic acid, calcium, vit d, multi vit - 16 Creon capsules (4 with each meal) and Optifibire to name a few

Feel really low, hair and skin are dry and I look like dracula's granny,
anybody experienced anything similar, I have been taking these supplements for a month and no improvements.

Deb x

Oh you poor thing, Im pre-op so cant help with that side of things just wanted to say I hope you feel better soon X

Oooh, that sunds awfull Deb, i am no help in as much as i'm pre op, But i wish you all the best and a soon to be speedy recovery babe xxxxxx

Oh my word Deb... you poor love... do hope that you are soon feeling better xxx

Hi Deb,

I have chronic malabsorption, but not with vits and minerals, and it is managable by eating a very high calorie/high fat diet. Basically prescription chips! It sounds like you're suffering with malnutrition as well :(

Hope the tablets help, and glad your team are keeping an eye on things.

ooo crikey! thats sounds like you ve had a rough old time... 35 tablets tho!!! i hope your on the mend soon! and your team can make you more comfortable with your bypass, im pre op so cant offer 'advice from experiance' i think when hearing storys like this it does bring you back down to reality of the 'cons' of having wls xx

hope your feeling more like you soon xx

I hope things improve for you really soon, sounds like you've had a rough old time of it lately xx

Back