• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WTH? I dumped on ...

slimmerkay

.. an Atkins daybreak bar! I had them all last week and they made me feel icky but this was a full on dump :(

I've come back to bed to sleep it off. I'm beginning to worry now that I won't get sufficient protein because my body seems to be rejecting anything with protein in :cry:

wow karen yu poor thing, have you thought about trying just half a bar at a time, that would cut down on the protein, it must be so hard for you cos we are told to pack as much protein in as possible arnt we, eventually youll work things out, but its a pain in the meantime aint it. hope u feel bettersoon, big hugs xx

Ooooh, how odd! Maybe you should speak to your team and see what they can recommend. It must be something they have come across before, hope you feel better soon XX

I notice you made a roast last week I think it was, and that went down, how about more meat, some veg, no potatoes, so you get more meat in that way? How are eggs and cheese for you and milk?

I refuse to have any form of protein supplement, our team don't advise them, I can't BEAR the taste of any of them and I am going to try my best the food way....we shall see how that goes, but nobody at my support group uses the bars or shakes....

I have only mild dumped, but that has been on a teaspoonful of baked beans, a pinch of sugar on my cereal...I won't be touching anything sugary from now on as I think I must be really sensitive to it

hope you feel better after a rest honey xxx

Thanks ladies.

I slept for about 2 hours :eek:

I'm not having the bars anymore. But I will persevere trying to get natural protein down my neck. I am now having toast spread with laughing cow light cheese. Piled the cheese on because it's quite low on protein.

And I have dug my slow cooker out of storage and I'm going to do meat every night in it.

I will email my dietician though also.

You've already had the op and no one has counselled you on dumping sydrome? :eek: Some organisations beggar belief.

Well hun, it is when you eat something heavy in sugar or fat but can also ocurr when something just doesn't agree with your pouch.

The symptoms are sweating, pain in the upper tummy area, a temperature, dizzziness, nausea and feeling really really tired. Sometimes you are sick (not often) and with heavy fats you can get the sudden urge to go to the loo.

Hi karen
yep! that would be right. Jules has been god and did mention it in a text to me but had no energy to reply back to ask what she meant.
I have a list that growing with regards to my pre-op and post op support (word used loosely) from the trust I had my surgery under.

So from what I have read I reckon this has happened already on my 2nd day of being home after having a Fortimel drink and after having some sooup...

Karen slow cooker stuff is brill I use mine all the time and even do chicken in it. Also try eatting babybel and milky coffees really anything that has protein in it. My team dont believe in protein drinks etc either. So I just make sure that I eat more meat quorn and milk etc more that other stuff. Do the protein bars have a lot of sugar in maybe it was too much for you to take?

Jo
xx

Back