• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

after 3 years

hopelesscase

Well ladies and gents after 3 years of never experiencing dumping of any kind but equally being very careful not to of had anything that should make me dump i have had 2 major sessions both of which have put me in bed and both after eating things that i have eaten in the past without problems. The first was home made fish pie topped with mashed potato and the second was toast this morning made with hovis seeded bread. The first time it happened i had had a wobbly day and had to eat little and often throughout the day as we had done a big walk the day before and then again that day. we had the fish pie for tea and i came over all funny imidiatly after lots of stomach pain feeling sick weak and wobbly and just wanted to sleep. Dave woke me after 2 hrs and i was fine. This morning it came out of the blue and the only thing i can put it down to was that i didn't have any additional protein with it but it was immediate onset felt very light headed sickly and wanted to sleep but couldnt as i had a little one here, after and hour i was fine. This has really shook me up as i cant believe how tired it makes you..but more so why now after 3 years. going to pull back on all carbs and see if that helps.

Did you have jam or anything similar on the toast? If I have anything like that it makes me dump. Did you have butter in the fish pie? Anything slightly different at all with the way it was cooked OR are you under any stress at the moment or did you eat in a hurry or swallow too quickly.
Hope it doesn't happen again anyway.
Lynne x

oh bless you hun, i dont know how i can comment as imoly 6 weeks in... but maybe your just a bit low at the moment...just take it easy the next couple of days, up the fluids and the protein and cut out carbs for a couple of days.. hope someone more exerienced comes along son xx

ooh sorry Lynn is more experienced, i didnt see your thread when i started typing xx

Sorry to hear this, hope you are fully recovered now. I also want to thank you, hug you and kiss you:thankyouthankyou::lilkiss: for demonstrating that we cannot become complacent (my post below shows how I have).

You have given me reasons to stick to the plan - the unpredicability of dumping should be my incentive.:):thankyou:

hope you're feeling ok now :) i really hope i dump!

Did you have jam or anything similar on the toast? If I have anything like that it makes me dump. Did you have butter in the fish pie? Anything slightly different at all with the way it was cooked OR are you under any stress at the moment or did you eat in a hurry or swallow too quickly.
Hope it doesn't happen again anyway.
Lynne x

Thanks Lynne but no didnt have jam used the same low fat flora as usual. I always make my own fish pie to ensure it is as low a fat as possiable and the only fat in it is in the fish salmon, smoked haddock, cod and prawns, a bit of skimmed milk in the mash and reduced fat creme freshin the sauce. I've eaten this since on the sloppy stage and never had problems.

Im the happiest ive ever been in my life and always sit to eat and savour all my meals. fingers crossed it doesnt happen again but equally at least i now know what it feels like.

Back