• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yikes...........Black tongue!!

Kizzy70

I am 9 days post-op and am a little worried.

My tongue has gone black!! :rolleyes:

Did anyone else experiencing this?? thinking it may be the meds but not sure, may have to make an appt with GP if it's just me

Thanks guys

Kim x

Hi
There are a few possibilities, too much keratin is being produced, antibiotics, antacids and frequent use of strong mouthwashes. Try to eliminate these things if they apply and get a tongue scraper. Its more a cosmetic problem, hope it goes away soon.

Kim

I am 9 days post-op and am a little worried.

My tongue has gone black!! :rolleyes:

Did anyone else experiencing this?? thinking it may be the meds but not sure, may have to make an appt with GP if it's just me

Thanks guys

Kim x

Well done on weight lose Kim we share the Same date for surgery how u feeling ?? I have lost 6 pound in first week also go and get appointment or call your bypass team for advise on your tounge x

No but quess that makes you a good pedigree!lol (sorry)Maz x

Well done on weight lose Kim we share the Same date for surgery how u feeling ?? I have lost 6 pound in first week also go and get appointment or call your bypass team for advise on your tounge x

I'm feeling really good thanks, much better than a couple of days ago! how is things going with you? x

I'm feeling really good thanks, much better than a couple of days ago! how is things going with you? x

I feel no different just less hungry been on shakes and soup and had a packet off quavers they go down a treat the soups in sainsberys are on offer at the mo and they r nice they skinny soup in fresh section 1.99 buy one get one free really tasty x

Yikes think I would freak out having a black tongue too hope you all find out its something simple

Back