• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone suffered hives as a reaction to post op meds?

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Hi guys
Ever since shortly after the op, probably around the time I started my post-op meds I started to get little red bumps on one of my arms. I thought nothing of it and expected it to go away but it hasnt, in fact it is getting worse. It doesnt really itch unless it gets hot.
It has spread over to my other arm now.
I asked the bariatric nurse today and she said that some of the B vitamins in the meds can cause it and to talk to my GP, which I am going to a week on Monday (was the earliest I could get an appointment for).
I looked up reactions to medication and saw my rash on there as hives.
I will be sure to tell my GP what the nurse said and make sure he doesnt fob me off. He has a habit of telling folks that every rash they go to him with is a reaction to soap powder, took ages for my niece to get proper treatment for eczema because of that.
So, Im hoping that it doesnt get any worse because my arms will end up looking really manky if it does.
Anybody else have/had this? What was it? What did you do about it?
Steph xx

rash.jpg

It looks like a heat rash, which I suppose hives could be described as. I get it in summer sometimes, prickly heat too, not because of meds though X

My tolerance for other meds has changed, I now react to penicillin (full blown hives, which isn't what your pic looks like), and codeine makes me itchy. My post op meds have been fine though.

Strange question, but is your wee a normal colour? Too much B vitamins makes your wee go flourescent yellow!

My wee...erm, the morning one has changed colour, it is a funkier coloured yellowy orange actually.
I have had bloods done so should know soon if something is out of whack.
Thanks for the replies xx
Steph xx

i had a similar thing and was changed from lazopozol to omzoprozol 20mg which seems to have done the trick.
hth
carole

Back