• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yoghurt Maker

DaisyMaesy

I am considering buying a yoghurt maker. We had one many years ago and it made gorgeous creamy yoghurt. That appliance has long gone but on looking I have found these
Amazon.co.uk: yoghurt maker - Kitchen & Home
(hope that link works)

I like the Moulinex but it is a lot of extra money to pay just for a timer LOL. So I am considering the Severin one possibly with extra pots and using an in socket timer, so the question is
Has anyone got one? (not an easyo can't see the point)
If so how long does the made up yoghurt keep?
What sort of things do you add to it?

Last edited:
Have you tried the Easiyo yogurt? In my humble opinion that is the point. It tastes absolutely fantastic. I never buy shop yogurts as there is nothing to compare to them. Made up Easiyo keeps for about 2 weeks. To each his/her own. xx

Just found out you can make it in a crock pot or a vacuum flask so might give that a go, the easyo mixes could still be an option but work out about 30p per 15ml pot unless there is a really cheap supplier somewhere

oh wow ...i just googled this...
i never would have thought you could do it in a crock pot...
this could save me a small fortune...my kids eat yogurt every day!!!

may have to give it a go....(mental note get down to pound shop and buy small baby food pots !!!!)
thanks for the heads up xx

wow i have never heard of a yoghurt maker! might be time to invest in one. i do love kitchen gadgets lol

Just need to source glass jars with plastic lids. Nutella anyone?

I wouldn't be without my EasiYo yoghurt maker.

Lakeland and QVC sell the packs. Much fresher than making it from a shop bought culture - and you know how clean the equipment is for the starter as you clean it.

High in protein - some can be high in sugar - label checking again I'm afraid!! ;)

And comparable in price to luxury supermarket yogs

xxx

One live yoghurt and a litre of UHT milk much much cheaper than easiyo (easiyo varies from 30p to 40p per 150ml pot and you really do know what is in it. Incidentally you only ever have to buy the one live yoghurt as you use a spoonful of your home made live yoghurt from each batch after so don't eat it all up before making the next batch LOL.
You can buy a spare set of pots for the sevarin appliance so may do that but will have a good look round and see what there is. But as John says each to their own

Decided to make some in the oven so bought the starter yoghurt, Rachels greek and then found that we could not get the oven temperature low enough, then the same story with the crockpot, luckily the starter yoghurt had a long shelf life LOL
Was considering buying the easiyo when hubby said he would buy me the severin one for my birthday.
I have now received this, made first batch and it is really scrummy. My grandson made second batch (he is 7) he cannot get enough of it so all in all a fantastic buy.
The yoghurt costs around 15p per pot (including the highly expensive starter) Which I don't think is too bad for pure yoghurt with no additives.
Will make and freeze some fruit purees this weekend. I would recommend this to all the yoghurt lovers out there. May also come in useful for the milk diet too.

Well done Carol, a great invention, I've got one of these and found Julian Graves... a great shop for everything to do with yoghurt making and berries... healthy treats to add to the yoghurt too... thanks for raising this one... it's got me thinking healthier... and home made yoghurts.

Love and hugs xxx

Yummmm.
Did you do the milk diet or low carb one Bev?

I did the low carb Carol with being diabetic precious xxx

Just wondered if on the milk diet, turning your milk into yoghurt mixed with a bit of chopped SF jelly would be okay?

I got a yoghurt maker off freecycle the other week and made it up and it came out a gorgeous natural yoghurt which I added milkshake flavouring too.

I have bought some Mangos today as they were on offer so I shall puree them and have with it. Hopefully it will freeze too - Watch this space!
Also discovered frozen fruits in Asda today!

My mum uses easy yo and loves it, I could never be bothered with it all, but it does taste good.

I dont think you could use it on the milk diet, as they dont allow us to eat yoghurt :cry:

I was just talking to my hubby today about buying a yoghurt maker. After paying £2.96 for pots of Muller light....I have to find some ways to make economies!

Lakeland do an electric yoghurt maker for £19.99.

Wouldn't it be ok to store the yoghurt in plastic pots with lids?

I bought loads of these pre-op from the baby food section of the supermarket, and find them perfect for storing half a tub of muller light.

You re not allowed to eat shop bought yoghurt because of all the additives. Yoghurt is sour milk, plain and simple

Back