• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

you'd think I was asking for the earth...and all I want is a fill!!!

Red 42

novice bypasser
Hi All

I've just been on to my wls provider to ask for a fill, bearing in mind I've only had 1 official fill since my wls in May and I literally had to beg for it!

I was supposed to wait till I spoke with the dietician on 22nd October to arrange the fill, but I'm so hungry even after upping the dense foods that I can't wait till November (they only do 1 clinic per month in Newcastle)

I was informed by the surly madam on the end of the phone that the only clinic they have is actually on the 22nd October...and did I realise that I'd have to forgo my dietician chat on that day to have the fill done???

I told her that seeing as how I've only had 2 dietician chat's since my surgery in May (instead of the 5 I should have had) it really wasn't going to make that much difference was it!!!! :mad:

Grrrrrr....I'm so naffed off with them....I've already paid for my fills, it's not coming out of her pocket...I so wish my year was over and I didn't have to deal with them anymore :sigh:

ok....rant over...thanks for listening xx

GRRR THG really p*sses me off and im not even a a patient of theres !!! i feel for you with the frustration of this yvonne i really do, bloody waste of space they are, when your years up fingers crossed you can maybe get nhs aftercare x

Hi Yvonne

What a pain! I think Caroline's right time for a letter! your aftercare has been appaling so far.

Maz x

That's so not on . I went with THG but had mega basic with no fills or aftercare. I am glad about this as I get my fills when and where I want them bcos I'm paying separately and they must be keen for my money - a number of people have had probs with the Aftercare bit of THG when they have paid for it in advance. Totally not fair. I agree - a letter might be a gd idea. x

thanks Ladies.

I do understand that it's down to the dietician to decide, from what you discuss with her, as to when you have a next fill booked, but they've been so erratic with their appointments I don't want to end up having a fill just before Christmas.

I last had one on 16th July so 3 months will have lapsed before my next one.

I've got to see my own GP again in December so will have a serious talk with him about getting referred for NHS aftercare at that appointment, he already knows about the naff aftercare I've had so far.

on a happier note, although the lbs aren't shifting much lately on the scales, something must be moving somewhere as I managed to get into a pair of size 18 jeans this weekend :D I've posted a couple of pics in my album on here.

You are looking good Yvonne. Well done you x

It is not up to the dietician if you get the fills!! At the end of the day if you weight loss has slowed or you know you don't have restriction then you should get the fill you payed for. Can't you go somewhere other than Newcastle to get them?

THG are getting a bad name and I think it shows that the low cost is not always what it is about. There is no point having a band at low cost if they aren't going to fill it and make sure you get the results needed.

You need to make as bigger fuse as possible!!!

Hi Sue

the next nearest place is Leeds Nuffield but I went there for my barium x-ray and the radiographer damaged my port :rolleyes:

I didn't go for the cheaper package I paid £6995 with 4 fills and 1 years 'aftercare'...with hindsight, I would have been better off taking the cheaper 'no frills' option but at the time didn't want to be chasing all over the country looking for fills...I've just been unlucky I guess.

So Sorry to hear you are having all this hassle , i had booked with THG and hearing all these kind of stories definetly put me off and i backed out of surgery with them.

Hope you get what you are paying for which is the service your body requires not around the appt systems,agree 3 months is far to long...

I really feel for you going through the same problem i am going to try and contact watch dog as i feel they should not be allowed to get away with it any longer .If you or i did the same we would be but in prison for fraud .I could of just set fire to the money instead of giving it away.I wonder how many magazines would be interesed in the story mmmmmmmmmmm.Thinking of you xxx

I really feel for you going through the same problem i am going to try and contact watch dog as i feel they should not be allowed to get away with it any longer .If you or i did the same we would be but in prison for fraud .I could of just set fire to the money instead of giving it away.I wonder how many magazines would be interesed in the story mmmmmmmmmmm.Thinking of you xxx

the more ppl that expose them the better, ppl need to team up together and show them up for what they really are, i really feel for the people that has chosen these bunch of robbers. they should be ashamed for taking advantage of many vunerable people that thought they would be helped.

liz x

Back