• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Your're too Thin...

A.Positive

Is what I have been hearing a lot lately which is pretty annoying considering I still want to loose 9lbs; bring me to 9 stone 7lbs.

The issue I have is that I can't look at myself objectively, I have tried believe you me and I just don't see what people see. I still feel like I have "plump" appearance. I am worried that I am not thinking clearly and will end up looking terrible without being able to see it.

This week my mum sent me a variety of soups as she worried sick I will die of malnutrition. A friend of mine bought me a juicer for the same reason. As some of you may recall, I can't really eat very much although I do try. Even if I wanted to stop losing weight, how on earth would I?

princess4d4

i would maybe ask your team to do some investigations to check your not malnourished if you are eating so little or you could become very ill just worth a check to make sure that all is ok and maybe then you can reassure friends and family

A.Positive

Investigations are on the cards, I have an appointment in June for a Barium Swallow; so hopefully that will put their minds at rest. xx

ClaireMarie

I'm in the same place really, my perception is different from other people's, I still feel like the big girl I was, yet I saw my dietician Wednesday and I need to slow my weight loss down, as with my loose skin I'm where I should be at.

I've just had my bloods done and have to go back to the hospital in 6 weeks, to keep an eye on my weight loss. It's all a bit surreal now. I'm not the person I was.

-cuddles- it's an issue you're now aware of, it can be monitored and you can get help if you need it. It's a completely life changing event.

Lippyloirston

It's an odd and strange comment to hear when you have been fat all your life! I'm being told that I've lost enough now and should stop losing weight by friends. I've tried to explain it's not something I can control, I'm just going along with the changes and eating as healthily as I can. The weight loss will stop, when it stops.
Part of me wonders if they are uncomfortable with me being slimmer than them? No longer the fat friend? It's such a confusing time.
Good luck!

flutterby1966

From your profile pick you definitely don't look like you are plump. Its a stunning pic :) From someone who is under 9 1/2 stones, believe me, thin is not necessarily a great look and can be (is) ageing. Most important though surely is to be making sure you are receiving enough of the right sort of nourishment first and foremost. Best of luck with the investigations x

Miss Tickle

I get comments from people all the time such as , you need to get some flesh on your bones, and you're so tiny ! And these are from people who didn't know me when I was big. Because my BMI is 24.5 I took it with a pinch of salt and always think I need to lose another stone. That was until I saw my plastic surgeon. I am having an arm lift in the summer and a tt next year. I wanted to have a fat transfer to my boobies as well. He said I can't have one because there is no fat ! He said that I am a very slim lady and not to lose anymore weight because when the skin is gone I will be even bonier. BONIER ! ME ?!!!!

Yvessa

So pleased ms tickle that you've found a solution to your skin issues!