• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

omg!!! im 2 fat!

fatbutnot4long

hi minis been a while since i last posted but im back for some much needed advice....

well ill explain again abit of what happend! i had to do the milk diet for 4 weeks and lose 5% of my weight - at the start i was 136 kg and got down 2 126.6 in the 4 weeks .. well that was ok and they refered me to the surgeon for my date but then they cancelled due to him goin on holiday - annoying yes but never mind... anyway i dont see the surgeon untill the 22nd but i still have to see the nurse on friday. i went and got weighed last tuesday and i was 124 kg - which i was really happy about as im not aloud to put ANY weight on before i see the surgeon... now heres the down fall on the thursday i got my monthly and went and got weighed today and ive put on 7lb! im so upset and worried they wont let me see the surgeon on the 22nd - i admit ive ate quite bad since being on my period - this is only the 2nd one ive had in a yr as i have pcos! they say my perios returned due to my weight loss! but i havent ate 7lb bad... im looking for advic really and to see if anyone else has gained weight after losing the 5% and if so what happend? do you think they will cancel me seeing the sureon? any advice welcome thanks minins x

sorry i really cant answer your question, however i have pcos and had my first period of the year during my 7 day pre op yoghurt diet in August and i put on 5lb eating just yoghurt. this was obviously due to TOTM. I hope it won't make any difference, however if it's mentioned i would be honest and tell them i have PCOS and am having my period which has made my weight go up by 7lb.
hth, and good luck xx

altho i'm not a woman obviously, but don't you retain water at TOTM?? couldn't that be the simple answer?

thanks for the replys - yep it is just water retention but does that matter to them? im still 7lb fatter than last time i went! im gutted - i really hope they dont just tell me to do 1! x

Kirsty stop panicking sweetheart. The 7lb you have gained could be mostly to do with your TOTM. Water retention is a real pain in the butt too. I've gained before and lost it in no time. Once your totm month has gone and your body settles you'll probably find the 7lb's gone. I can get weighed in a morning before taking a water tablet and 3 hours later I could have lost up to 5lbs. I don't think your op will be cancelled so don't fret, you'll be finexx

Kirsty stop panicking sweetheart. The 7lb you have gained could be mostly to do with your TOTM. Water retention is a real pain in the butt too. I've gained before and lost it in no time. Once your totm month has gone and your body settles you'll probably find the 7lb's gone. I can get weighed in a morning before taking a water tablet and 3 hours later I could have lost up to 5lbs. I don't think your op will be cancelled so don't fret, you'll be finexx

''EXACTLY!!'' ;)

This is good advice. Cant really add anything else. :) xxxx

I'm sure you'll be fine hun!! Just don't let the stress get to you and make you eat some foods that you don't need!!!!

xxxx

hi there

I agree with e1 else, but one thing I would like 2 add, you r7lbs heavier, not 7lbs fatter. u have gained fluid not fat . hth

all the best - me juliexxx

Good luck i'm sure your be fine just explain to them it's TOTM i'm sure they must come across this all the time so they will understand "no worries" just look forward to your appointment it's another step closer to your op ;)

All of the above plus this advice... Eat sensibly now, don't reach for the comfort mars bar else your water retention could turn into fat... It's so easy to want comfort food when your stressed, don't let stress sabotage your hard work xxx

Its only the 2nd so you have 20 days to work on this. Like others have said once yr TOM has passed hopefully the xtra 7lbs will diminish. In the meantime you have done so well to loose thet 5% so get back on track and prove to the hospital how much you want this.

Ditto to all of the above - am sure it will be fine! Try not to worry so much & best of luck!

Back