• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

8lbs to target!

YAAAY! That's an amazing achievement in itself, but add the IVF to it and you must be ecstatic! :D Congrats!

You do realise that if you do IVF there's a real risk that your weight will rise for about nine months ;)

ok, something a bit more serious but 8lbs over if you're trying to get pregnant is probably in your favour. Also if you have some excess skin have you factored in the weight of that with your goal?

Today the BMI registered as 29.9! No longer obese, overweight and ready for ivf :) huge smiles! :)

Amazing! So happy for you! xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

@HelenAngelfish - now that's a really easy surgery date to remember!

For me it's my 2/3rds birthday. Maybe I should start a book 'The Secret Bariatric Diary of Marcus M Aged 39 2/3'.

(realises that anyone not a British child/teen of the 80s/90s might get a bit lost with the reference) ;)

You do realise that if you do IVF there's a real risk that your weight will rise for about nine months ;) ok, something a bit more serious but 8lbs over if you're trying to get pregnant is probably in your favour. Also if you have some excess skin have you factored in the weight of that with your goal?

I'm at target now. To receive ivf on the nhs there are a lot of criteria you must fulfil. The main one for me is a bmi under 30. Before my bypass my bmi was 53. It's all a numbers game

Ah, ok. If it's for a specific requirement rather than personal goal that's different.

Personally getting my BMI below 40 would be an achievement. 35 the first big goal and 30 my final target. Anything more is a bonus but I need to re-evaluate myself around that time to work out what my ideal weight should be.

Went to GP today who told me off for being happy where I am - over 8 stone down. Said I need to lose another 2 stone to be "slim and Pretty" also said the blood tests my provider is asking for a "stupid"

Changing GP!

OMG what a right *%$£" he is!!

Went to GP today who told me off for being happy where I am - over 8 stone down. Said I need to lose another 2 stone to be "slim and Pretty" also said the blood tests my provider is asking for a "stupid" Changing GP!

That's outrageous! You look fantastic and I doubt he/she knows of any other person who has achieved as much in so short a time. The 'slim and pretty' bit makes me so angry! Well done on not punching him/her!

Wow, I would defo be changing GPs! That's just ridiculous! And being in my current state of mind I'd probably be putting in a complaint as well. GPs should under NO circumstances be telling you things like that. Guidance where needed, yes, but never things like that. I'd complain. You look amazing, and you've achieved SO much. You should be happy where you are, even if you DID want to continue losing... you can be happy and still work. GRRR! So angry with people today!

Wow :mad: you are already "slim and pretty" as she condescendingly put it but to tell you whatever blood test your surgeon has requested "as stupid" is downright lunacy, disrespectful to the surgeon as well as you & shows a complete disregard to how bariatric surgery affects us. She needs to do her homework silly woman!

I think it really helps to have a GP you have a trusting relationship with. I've only ever found three after changing GPs up to three times/year. It's a pity two aren't local to me at the moment but one will be my temp GP in 2015/16 if all goes to plan (and I resume my suspended university course).

I always find male doctors to be more gentle and polite. I always steer clear of the women! My GP told me that I look great, and I shouldn't get any thinner because men "like women with some curves." :D You def need to change doctors!

Thanks all. I was so angry and upset! I know my ideal weight should be about 8 stone but I have no desire to be that slim! Plus my extra skin probably weighs about that! Lol grrr

Me neither hun a 10/12 is where I would like to be. I really don't think I would look right any less .. Lots of bones in too much skin no thank you lol

I'm only at the start of the LSD. I can't say my ambition is to be skinny, more for weight not to define my life and for my overall health to improve.

Back