• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

About to become revisioner!

New update. I still had reflux after my mgb in feb. However the last couple of weeks have been crazy (moving with two little kids etc) and I haven't taken any medication and I have had no reflux during that time despite food not being the best due to upside down home and a few celebratory wines (this would normally really irritate my reflux)
So I hope the reflux was just my body getting used to only producing a little tummy a worth of acid instead of a big one.
I will go back to the medication for now as I think it's a bit early to try and stop but it's a really good sign for me as I was so upset to still have reflux after the op!

New update. I still had reflux after my mgb in feb. However the last couple of weeks have been crazy (moving with two little kids etc) and I haven't taken any medication and I have had no reflux during that time despite food not being the best due to upside down home and a few celebratory wines (this would normally really irritate my reflux) So I hope the reflux was just my body getting used to only producing a little tummy a worth of acid instead of a big one. I will go back to the medication for now as I think it's a bit early to try and stop but it's a really good sign for me as I was so upset to still have reflux after the op!

Caroline, oh I have everything crossed here. Aren't the guidelines that we need to take the Omeprazole for life anyway, to protect our tummies in case? Either way sweetie that is great news. :)

My letter from my surgeon (though this is for bypass) says:

"PPI prophylaxis could be discontinued after 2 years"

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it can eventually be discontinued.

My instructions are if your a smoker you should continue to take them but if not its 3 months. I will continue on the because of the pain killers I take. Yet again different areas say different things. :)

My instructions are if your a smoker you should continue to take them but if not its 3 months. I will continue on the because of the pain killers I take. Yet again different areas say different things. :)

I was told the same but on five months as a non smoker I'm still on a double dose.

Hey Weegie
How did the surgery go?

Hey Weegie How did the surgery go?

Sorry missed this earlier. I updated my diary. Am fine other than a nausea thing thanks. :)

My letter from my surgeon (though this is for bypass) says: "PPI prophylaxis could be discontinued after 2 years" So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it can eventually be discontinued.

As l thought, my surgeon says lifelong PPI 40 mg Omeprazole and only chewable or liquid vitamins. He Said tablets were too strong.

Six months post op and I'm taking omeprazole 40mg daily and 80mg on bad days.

When I get stomach pains and it hurts to drink water.

Oh sorry to hear that Marcus. The reason I asked is because i am currently on 80 as per the breathing clinic but this was a 4 month trial. I am back there on Tuesday wgen I expect them to drop the dose. My surgeon says 40mg life long. I just wondered what would trigger you upping for a day.

I know you had serious complications, I hope you don't have too many if those difficult days. X

Back