• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Approaching Op - admission -

Shadylawns

Hi,

When SRH rang me, the chap told me my op was scheduled for 17 May. when I've got the letters through today, I'm to be admitted at 2pm on the 16th.

I'm just wondering if this is right? That I'd be admitted the day before?

It's no hardship or anything like that, I was thinking is that what normally happens?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mrs Lawns. Xx

I think you are meant to go in a day or two before as you are given some medicine to clear you out pardon the expression.

Well I do wonder as they offered me a date which I wasn't able to do and a week later they say they ain't got no beds. But because I'm on waiting list I'm having it done at a private hospital :)

I think it depends on the hospital every one of us done at Bournemouth go in on the morning/ afternoon of our op & home within 48-72hrs depending on our location in relation to the hospital.

Some hospitals, depending on their bed management, will have you in the day before if you're one of 1st on the list. my bypass was @ 12 ish so I had to be in at 7am but when I had some surgery at Royal London a few years ago I had to be in the day before as I was on the early list & I was taken down at 8am. Best bet is to give the waiting list office a call tomorrow to check x

Hi I went to SRH 7 weeks ago. Had to be there 2pm the day before for my op the next day. The staff were really lovely. I went in on a Thurs (day before) and came out the Sunday lunch time.
Remember earplugs and an eye mask!
Good luck x

Thanks Borogirl - eye mask, earplugs, Chapstick!!:D

And clean knickers, hahaha. All my knickers are coming to the end of their useful lives now, hopefully the next ones I buy will be slightly more err.....dainty!!:eek:

Back