• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gallstones

quetiapina

Bumps along somehow
Hi everyone, a few people have been expressing worry re. Gallbladder op.

I had my gallbladder out over 10 years ago - to those of you who are worried, the op pain is NOTHING compared to an attack. There is no describing the pain of gallbladder pain.

In order to cheer everyone up, I have put up pictures ( on my album)of my biggest gallstone which I frequently bring out to the delight of visitors Heh Heh.

Very good luck to anyone having op. maybe ask to keep yours so we can compare.

x

hi there i saw the pics, didnt realise they was that big - gulps !!!

Hi Jenni

Yes I too can confirm how painful they are...well, in my case it was an inflamed gall bladder...same pain though............absolute murder is how I would describe it....over and over again until it eases....I got hospitalised with mine...the surgeon was called but they decided to leave it and just give me 2 week course of antibiotics...It worked but I dread it attacking me again and I'm sure it will as I have had 2 attacks so far.

Glad you got rid of yours Jenni.

(((Hugs)))

Hi everyone, a few people have been expressing worry re. Gallbladder op.

I had my gallbladder out over 10 years ago - to those of you who are worried, the op pain is NOTHING compared to an attack. There is no describing the pain of gallbladder pain.

In order to cheer everyone up, I have put up pictures ( on my album)of my biggest gallstone which I frequently bring out to the delight of visitors Heh Heh.

Very good luck to anyone having op. maybe ask to keep yours so we can compare.

x

Aww tun thanks for this! I have had my pre op assesment to have my gall bladder out and heard nothing! As the pain gets that bad I was going through with the op regardless, but a few people have told me the pain is really bad and I was a little worried! So thanks for this!
Sal x

Gosh they are huge never knew they grew to that size no wonder the pain is so bad.

cant wait to see the back of mine. not just a pain but feel so sick too.xx

Wow Jen

They kind of look like mini eggs! I was like snow and had a gall bladder infection. I was only 18 and my mum was convinced despite me not having a boyfriend that I was pregnant, was all the vomiting - yuck.

Touch wood it hasnt reoccured. Good luck to all you suffering with stones - I hope you get sorted soon x

I remember having an attack and not having a clue what it was, I thought I was dying the pain was so bad. In hospital, they were wanting to Xray me , they took some blood and that's when I found out I was pregnant for the first time funnily enough. So I actually saw my gall stones on ultrasound lol
Thank heavens I haven't had any problems since. I had keyhole surgery for my band and my gall bladder and presumeably all the little pebbles, are still in there jangling about.

Jenni is right I had mines out 30 years ago and at the time waited 18months for surgery and was up night after night pacing the floor it was awful. The post op pain was bearable compared to the pre op so dont worry you will all be relieved when it is gone, and good luck to all who are waiting

Jay xx

I had my gallbladder out same time as my bypass as I suffered 3 years with horrific pain and hospital dashes...since the bypass was open surgery they did the hernia two...longer recovery but to be pain free is amazing, I was on pethidine for the pain attacks it was horried and never knowing when one would hit...

Back