• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gallstones

Sam sorry to hear about the Gallstones, there really is no other options to having the bladder removed. I know just how painful it can be, and the only medication that will work short term is an opiate which obviously you do not want to become dependant on.

When i had my infection, i was informed that they are the 2nd worst type of pain anyone can have, with kidney stones being top.

I would advise their removal asap, but i do understand you wanting to weight less before having yet another op. Hopefully you could also get this done via keyhole surgery the same as i did. But be warned some surgeons do not like going back in where another surgeon has been recently. You will have a lot of adhesions from the Bypass

Sam

Get referred for the op with Mr Khan asap, the time you will have to wait to be referred and then for the op will be long enough to demonstrate very effectively what a nightmare that pain can be and for you to get to a much healthier weight. Don't spoil your joy at the new you with unneccessary pain

Good luck

M

Really sorry you have stones Sam:(:(My mate had the op last year, and recovered v quickly so try not to worry hun xxx:D

I have had two attacks of gallstones this week, last nights was the worst yet, and I was very close to going to A&E for pain relief last night.

I have made up my mind that I am going to ask for my gallbladder to be removed. Do you think I need to get my GP to refer me, or can I just contact Walsall Manor directly?

My gp refered me but if the pain is that bad please go to a&e. I did that and was admitted for a few days. I was also given a form of morphine called meptid so maybe they could give you some pain relief.

Hello

I have had a scan today which confirms I have gallstones. Thankfully, I have no complications, blockages etc, but I have had 5 or 6 episodes now of excruciating pain.

I have to wait 7 - 10 days for the scan results to get to my GP before I can discuss it with him, but I would rather avoid surgery for now if I can, as I am still obese and if it is deemed that I need surgery I would rather wait till I get to a healthy weight. Of course, if any complications develop then I will have to reconsider, but I would rather just control the pain for now than put my body through further trauma.

So, those of you with gallstones, what pain relief do you use when you get a gallbladder "attack". Have you had to change the pain relief since your bypass? Would really appreciate your answers so I am better informed when I see the Dr.

Oh no!!!! What a shame. Do you think you'll need to be operated on?

Could it have been caused by your previous attempts with CD?

Hope it gets sorted soon. I hear they can be non-surgically dissolved. :confused:

Hi Sam

Sorry they've struck again

You may well need a referral if its treated as a new episode but there is no reason you can't contact Wallsall manor as well and see if it can be done as an event related to the original referral ie complication of wls, some PCTs allow this. Either way contacting them at Walsall Manor will get the ball rolling and your GP referral can catch up

HTH

M

Oh No Sam, sorry to hear this. Unfortunately the pain from a gallbladder attack is difficult to manage, you really may need to go to A&E to get some relief. I am with M, make calls and get things going as it sounds like it needs to be sorted asap. I hope you get some relief soon hun!

Hugs,
Nic:D

Oh dear Sam- hope the pain has gone off today? I watched the Fat Doctor for the first time last week and the surgeon removed gall bladders as standard when doing a bypass to avoid future surgery. Seemed a good idea to me as I know that rapid weight loss is a cause of gallstones. I don't really know what the gallbladder does though but it sounds like you'd be better off without it now!
p.s. I did reply to your pm yesterday but my sent box says I've not sent any pm's so I'm not sure you'll have got it.

THanks so much everyone. I'll get on to the docs first thing Monday, and may do as you have suggested as well M and contact the Manor to get the ball rolling.

Miss Tickle, I got your PM Thanks hun x

Sam, I can totally sympathise. Had gallstones myself and have never known a pain like it before or since. I got cholyosistis (inflammation of the gallbladder), pancreatitis and as a result ended up with diabetes. They had to do the gallbladder removal open because it was so bad so please don't leave it as it will get worse. Nothing touched my pain and I used to spend nights in the loo being sick (even taking a pillow in with me to sleep in between on some occasions). Hope you get it sorted pronto x

Thanks everyone. I did see the doc this week. I updated my diary but forgot to update this thread. has has referred me to hospital to see about getting the gallbladder out after a particularly nasty attack last weekend which nearly saw me have to go to A&E for pain relief.

He has given me some buscopan and co-codamol to help me with the pain in the meantime but warned that it wont make the pain go away - just take the edge off it.

when i had gallstones they told me i has heart burn coz i was pregnant. when i argued with them to scan me they soon changed their attitude. the docs prescribed me tramadol. as soon as i had the baby the gave me dyhydrocodiene which both did the trick.

That's weird because the only time i never had problems with gallstones was when pregnant. Apparently the doctor said you give out a hormone which stops it or something.. Came back with a vengeance after tho grrrr xx

Back