• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gallstones

Just made an appointment with my doctor, as I think I may have them now.

gall stones can be extremly dangerous i had mine out last year after being rushed to hospital for 3 rd time, the pain was awful and i got the hot cold sweats and sicky feeling .

i would recommend anyone to have them operated on x

oh no, sorry to hear that Kim. What are your symptoms?

Hi Kim, sorry to hear you may have gallstones, wishing you all the very best with your appointment, let us know how you get on xxxxxxxx

oh no, sorry to hear that Kim. What are your symptoms?
I keep getting a groaning pain at the top of my abdomen beneath my rib cage, it sometimes wakes me up, and I cant settle with it. also feel a bit sick sometimes.

oh poor you. I hope it isnt gallstones as I wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy. Your GP will order a scan which will confirm one way or the other. I had pain medication to use while I was waiting for surgery, but Im afraid it didnt help much.

Long time no see anyway Kim. You're looking well!

oh poor you. I hope it isnt gallstones as I wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy. Your GP will order a scan which will confirm one way or the other. I had pain medication to use while I was waiting for surgery, but Im afraid it didnt help much.

Long time no see anyway Kim. You're looking well!
Cheers flower. yeah, just been busy with work etc, but I'm good. :)

Hello

I have had a scan today which confirms I have gallstones. Thankfully, I have no complications, blockages etc, but I have had 5 or 6 episodes now of excruciating pain.

I have to wait 7 - 10 days for the scan results to get to my GP before I can discuss it with him, but I would rather avoid surgery for now if I can, as I am still obese and if it is deemed that I need surgery I would rather wait till I get to a healthy weight. Of course, if any complications develop then I will have to reconsider, but I would rather just control the pain for now than put my body through further trauma.

So, those of you with gallstones, what pain relief do you use when you get a gallbladder "attack". Have you had to change the pain relief since your bypass? Would really appreciate your answers so I am better informed when I see the Dr.

When I had them I had to get morphine or pethadine injections to stop the pain. You know they can go infected and burst in your gallbladder as it nearly happened to me x

P.S Do you get very sick with it yet? I used to throw up for hours and it was not fun x

Hi Sandy,

I had my gallbladder removed at the beginning of May so am thankfully no longer suffering. I didnt get sick with mine - it was just the pain.

When I had them I had to get morphine or pethadine injections to stop the pain. You know they can go infected and burst in your gallbladder as it nearly happened to me x

P.S Do you get very sick with it yet? I used to throw up for hours and it was not fun x

I used to get very very sick with mine - in fact the only way I would get relief was by being sick. I started making myself sick when the pain started so knew I had to get something done. Worst pain I have ever had - I ended up getting pancreatitis which then gave me diabetes. I was in hospital for over a month as I had lots of complications with the surgery. Glad they are out now, although I still have problems eating anything fatty so avoid it now.

I'm waiting for a date to have my gall bladder out. Now because I had a bad time with a catheter after my bypass, I'm reluctant to have one in during the gall bladder operation. Do you get an option to say no to it? Thanks!

I didnt have a catheter for my gallbladder Julie. I think they would only use a catheter if they thought you were not going to be able to get out of bed, but I was out of bed within the hour. its nothing like as big an op as the bypass.

I didnt have a catheter for my gallbladder Julie. I think they would only use a catheter if they thought you were not going to be able to get out of bed, but I was out of bed within the hour. its nothing like as big an op as the bypass.

Same here no catheter , but chest drain - MeJulie x

I saw my Doctor this morning, and he doesn't think it is Gallstones, he said it may be Bile reflux. He is sending me for an ultra sound just to be sure. :)

Been for an ultra sound this morning, and they confirmed that I do have some gallstones, however, she said they could have been there for years, and they dont seem to be stuck anywhere or causing me any problems. also they think that my gall bladder is not working properly.

I have to see my Doctor in 7/10 days to dicuss the results with him, and see what solutions he comes up with. given a choice, I will go for the Gall Bladder out solution I think. :(

Aw sorry to hear you have gallstones. I think Id choose to have it out too if it was me. From what Ive read on here they cause excrutiating pain when they get stucjk or whatever. Good luck at the docs X

Silly question but what are the symptoms of gall stones.
I've been having alot of pain lately on my right side just under my rib cage, I keep thinking its bad trapped wind, but just lately the pain has been agony and has lasted hours, does this sound similar ?????

Back