• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gallstones

Silly question but what are the symptoms of gall stones.
I've been having alot of pain lately on my right side just under my rib cage, I keep thinking its bad trapped wind, but just lately the pain has been agony and has lasted hours, does this sound similar ?????
Yes your symptoms does sound like gall stones, I would see your doctor asap, before the pain gets unbearable. :(

http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/gallstones.html#1

My gallbladder pain was like a sharp pain in the chest area (thought I was having a heart attack when it started) and the pain would radiate around the back. Dropped me to the floor.
Total agony at the time. Dairy food was my trigger so I had to avoid all dairy stuff before the operation. Hope this helps xxx

I am positive I have gallstones just waiting for my scan but I thought I was having an heart attack last week and my hubby rushed me to a&e and they said oh you may have an odema so I went to my GP as I had the pain again and he said right away sounds like Gall stones and all I can say is I would never wish this pain on any living soul as it is the worse pain I have ever felt in my life and then on other days it is a bareable aching pain which is realy uncomfortable, co-codamol helps take the edge off but nothing eases it totaly.

My gallbladder pain was like a sharp pain in the chest area (thought I was having a heart attack when it started) and the pain would radiate around the back. Dropped me to the floor.
Total agony at the time. Dairy food was my trigger so I had to avoid all dairy stuff before the operation. Hope this helps xxx

same here....also felt like the worst trapped wind....the pain was especially bad around my shoulder blades at the back. Had me on the floor in agony.
Any fat AT ALL in food will trigger it...you need a totally fat free diet until it's sorted.

if you ahve gall stones would you still get your op?.. lets say they open you up to find them.... would they carry on with the op? x

same here....also felt like the worst trapped wind....the pain was especially bad around my shoulder blades at the back. Had me on the floor in agony.
Any fat AT ALL in food will trigger it...you need a totally fat free diet until it's sorted.
I have a totally fat free diet, which is probably why I just have an ache and not the excrusiating pain everyone is talking about. cytrus seems to trigger it.

You are right there Kim, all fat is a 'no no' since when I remember back... it did hurt with any fat intake...

Kelly, I can't see how they can do the surgery if your gallbladder is playing up, since it is right next to the liver, they took my bile duct too...

Would make more sense to whip out the gallbladder whilst they are doing the op... but they are unlikely to do so...

Bit like me hoping for a load of liposuction whilst they do my WLS... I can dream can't I? xxx

It does make sense to sort the gallbladder at the same time as the op... since I was told my liver had to be moved when my gallbladder op was done... save on cost too... good luck xxx

Apparently in the US, they do remove the GB with every RNY Surgery. it must be down to money and time in this country. the NHS just leave it and I'm sure not everyone will get gallstones.

I don't know if everyone gets gallstones either... but it's usually about money not common sense...everyone is individual and having all done at once would greatly help some people for sure... I wouldn't have minded.... but it is also about timing... my gallbladder played up 10 years ago... and now I have been approved for WLS funding xxx

I don't know if everyone gets gallstones either... but it's usually about money not common sense...everyone is individual and having all done at once would greatly help some people for sure... I wouldn't have minded.... but it is also about timing... my gallbladder played up 10 years ago... and now I have been approved for WLS funding xxx

Congrats on ur funding for wls :love047:

I had my gallbladder out last sept due too far too many hospital admissions for stones. It was str8 forward op no complications and was home the day after I had it out .;)

All the best - MeJulie xx

I asked Mr Ammori if he wouldnt mind doing me a boob life and a chin lift and a few other nips and tucks whilst he was there. He said "yes of course my dear, thats not a problem"
.............................................................................................................
Then I woke up :cry:
Oh well, you can only dream! x ;)

Jackie & Julie... I support any group... for 'job lot' surgery all in one... haha... how wonderful it would be if I could come around from the anaesthetic with one belly less...

I always think while they are fiddling in there... may as well help themselves... I have plenty going... but no one seems to want it... neither do I !!!

If I was loaded with money I would have liposuction everywhere and I mean EVERYWHERE!

Would you?

o nooooo! would you know if you had gall stones??... i would cry if that happened to me, it would just set you back loads, i thought it is a nightmare having gall bladder out as it can cause weightgain! :-/ last thing any of us need!!! x

You would know if you had gallstones Kelly, the pain is immeasurable... I feel for anyone who is suffering...

On a serious note, my way of looking at things really is try and have an understanding of what to do (be aware of the potential) if you get them, but in the meantime, please don't get worrying about it.

My weight was there before my gallstones and they didn't really make me put any more on, I have been heavier than I am now over the years.

Don't worry love. Worry only if you ever have to, but although painful, they are as far as I've always heard very treatable.

It will be good to hear on here how those currently are doing and hoping that all gets resolved for them as quickly as possible.

Hugs and love to everyone and hope you are soon pain free xxx

Ive got Gallstones extremely painful. I had a scan over a year ago and i have a large one (not loads of small ones.) I've got to go to the hospital to have a camera put down think doctor said. Also waiting to see if i can have WLS doesn't sound like i will reading some of these posts.:cry:

The very best of luck Joanne... it will get sorted... a very common procedure and I came home the same day. I do hope it all works out I only have the tiniest keyhole scar too... it's not all doom and gloom Joanne... just start asking what your treatment plan is going to be for both operations and sending you a huge hug... xxx

Back