• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gallstones??

bungle1999

Having been advised by my surgeon, I dutifully went for an ultrasound scan. Not particularly in any pain or anything but did have gallstones pain many years ago.
Have thought nothing of it since the scan until I came home tonight and my GP has written to me "inviting" me in to discuss the results. Well I guess that means there is most likely something that has shown up but hey- at least (touch wood) I am not in any pain!!!!!!

xxxx

I have gallstones too Bungle, but I'm glad to see you are not having any symptoms at the moment. I'm on the waiting list to have mine out now but thats because I am getting frequent attacks. If I had no symptoms I think I would be inclined to leave things alone until I was a healthier weight.

Sam you'll be fine the weight you are. I was 21st when i had mine out and i was good...

Bungle, good luck with your doctor, if you do have them i hope you continue to not suffer the agony xx

if you are having a 'flare up' as my doc called them the pain is absolutely excruciating. i had never felt pain like it it started in the right side of my rib cage and i could feel it in by back aswell. unfortuneately i was pregnant when i had mine and i would go through labour any day to have a flare up. that was just my experience

having mine out tomorrow i wil let you know how it was

angela

the flare ups are excrutiating. i had them about 13 years ago but as i said before they wouldn't operate cos i was too overweight!
yep they can do it keyhole surgery, which is the preferred method. as with all ops they do sometimes have to open you up, but that is quite rare these days.
the good news is- yes i do still have gallstones but because they are nicely positioned and not causing me any pain i do not have to have them operated on. obviously if i start getting flare ups i will but i am ever the optimist and hope this will not happen.
xxxxxxxxxxx

Back