• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help, advice needed on exercise to make my op less dangerous.

i just want to say i think its fab that your making a conscious decision to improve your fitness to make your op safer... i dont think bigger comitment can be shown than what your doing :)....

keep up the good work sweetpea, your doing fab, i do know on the dvd workout there s ones that start for beginers that cant do much for varies reasons so id just google it but light streches and breathinge excersises plus light walking will do wonders...

good luck xxxx

Hi

I just wanted to wish you all the best and echo what Kelly has said really x It sounds like you have made an excellent start with the walking too.

I can also vouch for what you have been told re the oxygen levels. I had an op before my band and 'recovered' really slowly due to low sats, it was still fairly bad with my band. Since I have had my band I have had another minor and a major operation. I recovered so, so well from the major op all of the nurses where amazed how well I seemed so soon and they confirmed this was a result in my increased fitness and weight loss.

Im sure you have allready but just check with your GP before you try anything different or more vigourous - Good luck x

well I took my wii fit board out of its box tonight and looked at it - does that count as exercise?:8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:

well I took my wii fit board out of its box tonight and looked at it - does that count as exercise?
:8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:

I'd love a Wii fit thingy...go on get it sorted and have some fun with it :)

I like the rabbids snowboardy thing..I nearly wet myself playing that at a friends house...

I'd love a Wii fit thingy...go on get it sorted and have some fun with it :)

I like the rabbids snowboardy thing..I nearly wet myself playing that at a friends house...

Ha ha, the Wii games are good fun definately. Me and my daughter love the dancing ones and having a 3 storey house with the lounge on the middle floor no one can see us dancing like a pair of loons! :8855:

You've been given some good advice by others. I took up belly dancing and make sure I go up and down the stairs at least 3x a day (other than rising and bed time). This has helped increase my fitness and I'm not out of breath half as much as I was. I also found the wii useful, but ours was stolen when we had the break in and we can't afford to replace it yet.

Hope you find something that you like.

love

Rebirth

I've been recording the chairobics on The Fitness Channel and have given that a go. It's aimed at pensioners but I couldn't manage to do the full routine as I got so out of breathe. But it's a start and I aim to do that everyday.

I've been recording the chairobics on The Fitness Channel and have given that a go. It's aimed at pensioners but I couldn't manage to do the full routine as I got so out of breathe. But it's a start and I aim to do that everyday.

Good for you Yorkie :) Any exercise is a bonus, and if your finding it difficult you are obviously working hard at it! Keep up the good work and remember it doesn't all have to be done in one sitting, you can spread it out over the day :) x

Back