• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hooorah for dumping

Posted that without checking it first as battery was about to die on me
That should say ....In my case it doesn't take a high fat content to set me off which makes it so unpredictable 2g is enough to start the steatorrhea off and anything over 5g in a meal can have me dumping big style...

And they say that WLS is the EASY way out?!?!? :mad:

I like dumping, it made me instantly dislike foods I adored before - brilliant, even though I didn't feel it at the time!

Dumped on orange and mango sugar free squash. Turns out mango juice has glucose and fructose :/ as well as grapes and bananas! Bugger!

That's how unpredictable it can be especially if you don't watch those ingredients. I dumped last night on my first fresh pineapple juice and that was it watered down 25/75 as a precaution. So guess no more pineapple for me then :(

Yeah I checked pineapple the other day. It has 10g of glucose and 10g of sucrose per 100g. That's definitely going to be off my list!

yes i have seen this but sometimes you just gotta try things ..in the safety of your own home though ;)

So do I try and avoid it hun but only with things I know are going to affect me ;). You have got to experiment with food or life is going to get very boring.
At my recent appointment where I was told to stop over chewing and concentrate on the more solid foods and stop relying on safe food I said to him that I havent done this because it gets stuck & I am eventually sick. He told me that to make this work I have to get over that fear and start experimenting. Things getting stuck are a reality of the bypass. I was really enjoying my prawn stir fry last night ..I've been scared to try it again because it has got stuck before. Guess what it got stuck again:rolleyes:. I was so miffed because I was really really enjoying it too.. the dog loved it also as he got the majority of it :(. Anyhoo not giving up and going to try them again at lunchtime. Wish me luck

Last edited:
Good luck! Dumping and puking do scare me a lot. Back at my team for my 8 week post op tomorrow so will discuss with dietitian. I'm a scaredy cat! Lol x

Did you dump straight away? I'm on purée stage and have tried lots of different things so far with no side effects, I thjnk I'd rather have some sort of dumping worries to keep me on the straight and narrow!

Happened the day after my op as they have me a yoghurt with sugar by accident!

I'd rather not have it. It really panics me as I feel dizzy, sweaty, like I can't breathe and will pass out and awful diarrhoea. It's truly horrible! Then I go freezing cold and just have to rest for an hour. It's happened on yogurts twice, squash With mango juice, a tablet (which had sucrose in it) and a tiny piece of flatbread.

I've also lost my taste for anything sweet. I think the horror of dumping has well and truly put me off!

It's really wierd for me I've never had a sweet tooth no interest in chocolate etc since the bypass I seem to be craving sweet stuff even mixing options hot chocolate into vanilla yoghurt, quite worrying lol

It's really wierd for me I've never had a sweet tooth no interest in chocolate etc since the bypass I seem to be craving sweet stuff even mixing options hot chocolate into vanilla yoghurt, quite worrying lol

People go different ways! I've lost my taste for coffee too. I'm craving savoury things like bacon sandwiches and chow mein! :/

Did you dump straight away? I'm on purée stage and have tried lots of different things so far with no side effects, I thjnk I'd rather have some sort of dumping worries to keep me on the straight and narrow!

My first experience was about five days out with an ovaltine light and the following day on a activa 0% yoghurt. Both were as laid out on my diet plan :(. I cannot tolerate yoghurts. The only one that i have found tolerable is the Fage Total 0%. Even now I can only have ovaltine light at half strength but that's sweet enough for me

Ewwwww :yuk:

I dumped on a yoghurt about 5 days post-op, the curry and most recently a glass of fruit juice. High sugar has no effect at all and in fact I have had the same yoghurt again without any issues.

i love a little options white choc mixed into fage lol

I dumped on a yoghurt about 5 days post-op, the curry and most recently a glass of fruit juice. High sugar has no effect at all and in fact I have had the same yoghurt again without any issues.

Yes some bypassers find that what made them dump in the early months doesn't the further out that they get. The opposite can happen too. Something that never caused issue can take them by surprise later on.

Back