• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Jackie's post sleeve diary

oh no! I am sure it is just nerves and its natural. You will be fine and it will be over very soon. It's not too bad outside today so hopefully going to have a look out with hubby, going a bit stir crazy LOL!
Yes keeping moving with walks really he,ps the recovery period. I was pretty good after my band that way, bit different now with my knee and hip problems but I could do with the weather not making it worse lol. Since I gained weight I have bought as few bigger clothes as possible, a new raincoat is not amongst those I replaced lol

Day 4
Well today has been ok. Feel really tired though and my stomach is continuing to make lots of strange noises!
B - A half of Weetabix with skimmed milk
L - half a small tin of tomato soup - delicious!
T - a 1/4 of tin of beans and sausage.
All pureed of course. Managed food ok but that has been more than enough. Also managed about 1L of fluid.
I went for a trip to the supermarket and walked around, had a coffee and then visited the In-laws. This probably explains the tiredness.
Wounds all clean and dry and just one is bruised on my right side, I wonder if this is where they pulled my stomach out of?
Jackie
xx

Wow, still hard to believe you can take that on day 4 :) You are doing well hun.

Day 4 Well today has been ok. Feel really tired though and my stomach is continuing to make lots of strange noises! B - A half of Weetabix with skimmed milk L - half a small tin of tomato soup - delicious! T - a 1/4 of tin of beans and sausage. All pureed of course. Managed food ok but that has been more than enough. Also managed about 1L of fluid. I went for a trip to the supermarket and walked around, had a coffee and then visited the In-laws. This probably explains the tiredness. Wounds all clean and dry and just one is bruised on my right side, I wonder if this is where they pulled my stomach out of? Jackie xx

That's good Jackie keep it up if you can! Xx

Wow, still hard to believe you can take that on day 4 :) You are doing well hun.

Thanks it feels like I am eating loads but nit getting recommended amounts yet! Xxx

Wow Jackie, I'm really impressed how well you're doing. I really hope it will be the case for the rest of us too. Thanks for keeping us updated. I also wish I were allowed puree food, but after the surgery it's 2 weeks of liquids only here.

Anyway I hope you enjoying the sunshine over there. x

Wow Jackie, I'm really impressed how well you're doing. I really hope it will be the case for the rest of us too. Thanks for keeping us updated. I also wish I were allowed puree food, but after the surgery it's 2 weeks of liquids only here.

Anyway I hope you enjoying the sunshine over there. x

Thanks, I think I am doing ok. I am sure all of us 'Junies' will be fab! Not long now for you, how you feeling? In a way I think it would be easier if I was on liquids, the puree is difficult to stomach> xx

Thanks Aud, how you doing? Xx Thanks Kursty xxx

Well this week I've got an abscess and have put a 1b on so far! Disappointed that the weight isn't coming off if I'm honest. I'd have lost the same doing SW and more than double doing LL!
Any ideas?

On the plus side I'm enjoying the sun! Xx

Well this week I've got an abscess and have put a 1b on so far! Disappointed that the weight isn't coming off if I'm honest. I'd have lost the same doing SW and more than double doing LL!
Any ideas?

oh sorry to hear that Aud, what kind of things are you eating and what fluids are you managing? How much have you lost since surgery? I am finding it all very weird to be honest! I am sure it will happen Aud, keep having faith!
At least you have sunshine, none of that where I am!
xx

Yes having plenty of fluids, but guess could have more! I think I'm not having as many calories as I should. Just had brunch I had 1 little sausage ( the good ones from the butchers not the pink lint type!!) half a scrambled egg and a plum tomato!
I'll prob have a small bowl if homemade soup for tea and I'm going to try strawberries and yoghurt for supper! Xx

Well this week I've got an abscess and have put a 1b on so far! Disappointed that the weight isn't coming off if I'm honest. I'd have lost the same doing SW and more than double doing LL! Any ideas? On the plus side I'm enjoying the sun! Xx

Don't be disheartened, it's really common to put on at about your stage, loads of people have but it will come off its just your body trying to adjust to the drastic changes. I remember about 3-4 weeks in thinking exactly the same, that I could've lost more at slimming world but the reality is we've tried all that and yes perhaps lost more at times but I've certainly never managed to maintain it, hence the surgery! There will be times the weight comes off slowly but that's a good thing, it will come off steadily and more importantly - permanently!!!!
You'll get there hun.
Hope you get the abcess sorted soon x

Yes having plenty of fluids, but guess could have more! I think I'm not having as many calories as I should. Just had brunch I had 1 little sausage ( the good ones from the butchers not the pink lint type!!) half a scrambled egg and a plum tomato!
I'll prob have a small bowl if homemade soup for tea and I'm going to try strawberries and yoghurt for supper! Xx

Why don't you start documenting what your eating and drinking in your diary and this may highlight something. I am trying this as I am not sure what I should be eating at the moment to be honest. Sounds like what you are having is good but others may be able to advise xxx

Any ideas?

It is really common a few weeks out to have a stall, and easy to interpret this as the op nit working for you. Your body is just taking stock as you have given it quite a bit to deal with so it says, "woah WTH" :). Follow the rules and it will all fall in place again and your weight will drop. See GlasgowJJ s diary she is just out of a 3rd week stall.

Good luck and hope that abscess gets sorted *ouch*. xx

It is really common a few weeks out to have a stall, and easy to interpret this as the op nit working for you. Your body is just taking stock as you have given it quite a bit to deal with so it says, "woah WTH" :). Follow the rules and it will all fall in place again and your weight will drop. See GlasgowJJ s diary she is just out of a 3rd week stall. Good luck and hope that abscess gets sorted *ouch*. xx

I hear what you're saying but I had a low loss last week, so was counting that as my 3 week stall. I was expecting a bigger loss this week! Traditionally I've always been a big loser when on a diet and I am following all the rules too! But at least it's not going back on! Xx

I hear what you're saying but I had a low loss last week, so was counting that as my 3 week stall. I was expecting a bigger loss this week! Traditionally I've always been a big loser when on a diet and I am following all the rules too! But at least it's not going back on! Xx

You will get there, have a look back in a couple of months this will just be a blip. :) i say this 3 days before my op and on the day the scales said I had put 2 pounds, of the very few I lost on pre-op diet, back on. AND I have not cheated. These things are sent to try us :) hugs.

Day 5 (yesterday)
Today was ok but still tired and stomach, what's left of it, still making a lot of strange noises. Still needing a nana nap in the afternoon which is frustrating me to be honest. Wounds are lovely, healing so well. Had a bout of diarrhoea (TMI) which is odd considering how little I am eating!
Anyway eating today has been:
B - 1/2 Weetabix
L - 1/3 small tin of tomato soup
D - 1/4 tin of beans and sausages pureed
S - 2 tsps. of low fat custard (yum)
Managed about 1L of fluid.

Definitely feeling a mix of emotions at present, relief, frustration, anxiety, happiness etc etc. It's going to be a long road but hey at least I am on it!
Jackie
xx

You are doing great Jackie. The emotions are natural so just let them flow. Big hugs x

Last edited:
Back