• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Jackie's post sleeve diary

You are doing great Jackie! It is an emotional rollercoaster after surgery and nobody really prepares you for that! It is perfectly natural to be up and down though, you'll get through it :)
also perfectly normal to be so tired, your body's been through a lot and had calories restricted for some time so your bound to be low in energy. It takes a little while but you will get back to normal just be kind to yourself and take it easy x

You are doing great Jackie. The emotions are natural so just let them flow. Big hugs x

You are doing great Jackie! It is an emotional rollercoaster after surgery and nobody really prepares you for that! It is perfectly natural to be up and down though, you'll get through it :)
also perfectly normal to be so tired, your body's been through a lot and had calories restricted for some time so your bound to be low in energy. It takes a little while but you will get back to normal just be kind to yourself and take it easy x

Thanks ladies, I think the hardest part for all of us is to manage our own expectations. I was hoping to get back to work after 2 weeks but now realise that although I probably could I would be stupid to as emotionally as well as physically I don't think I will be ready :) xx

Just been out to local garden centre. Lots of food coming back and forth that I did not want but burst into tears when I got back to car! Not sure why but emotions running wild today :cry: xxx

Just been out to local garden centre. Lots of food coming back and forth that I did not want but burst into tears when I got back to car! Not sure why but emotions running wild today :cry: xxx

Oh dear Jackie, these emotions are terrible aren't they! I think you're allowed to feel sorry for yourself, but not too many tears because they're not good for wrinkles ( that's what I tell myself anyway!) xx

Oh dear Jackie, these emotions are terrible aren't they! I think you're allowed to feel sorry for yourself, but not too many tears because they're not good for wrinkles ( that's what I tell myself anyway!) xx

ha ha this made me laugh Aud, thank you. I am fine again now. Strangest thing is I did not want any of it and I have no doubts whatsoever!
How are you today?
xxx

Well this week I've got an abscess and have put a 1b on so far! Disappointed that the weight isn't coming off if I'm honest. I'd have lost the same doing SW and more than double doing LL! Any ideas? On the plus side I'm enjoying the sun! Xx

The difference is what ever you loss now you will hopefully never see again. Your thread could have been mine my third week out. I wondered why I had bothered. If only I had stuck to SW and kept at it. That did cross my mind before surgery too when I had a massive 15lb loss in my post op lol

But if I could have done SW WW LL and stuck to ANY of them I wouldn't have needed surgery in the first place xxxx

We're in it for the long haul. In six months time you will look back and be amazed at the difference in yourself my love

Your doing great. Read back through your diary to see just how well xxx

Lol. It's our hormones. They are affected by the surgery xxx

Jacky. Mr Galloway only put me on liquids for 24 hours then his advice was I could eat anything which would slide off a spoon!!!! Now I'm a girl that likes to be told exactly what she needs to do and how! This really messed with my head I can tell you xx

Jacky. Mr Galloway only put me on liquids for 24 hours then his advice was I could eat anything which would slide off a spoon!!!! Now I'm a girl that likes to be told exactly what she needs to do and how! This really messed with my head I can tell you xx

I think I know what you mean. I am constantly thinking what can I have? Is that ok? Will that be too much? Have I eaten too much? It's an emotional nightmare but I know it will get better.
Thanks so much for your support
Xx

Well yesterday(day 6)was strange day. My emotions were all over the place, just kept crying and I am really not sure why! am not enjoying the pureed stage at all but know its only temporary!
B - 1/2 Weetabix
L - 3 mouthfuls of butternut squash soup
D - 1/2 portion of M$S count on us Minced beef and barley broth
S - Ambrosia low fat custard and a petit filous yoghurt.
Managed 326 calories and about 1L of fluid.
I need to work on increasing the protein. Would anyone suggest I start on the Protein drinks?

Wounds healing beautifully. I can't wait to not have to wear these bloody stockings!

Thoughts on what I am eating would be gratefully received. Need reassurance or guidance to whether I am on the right track or not.

Jackie
xx

Week 1 weigh in and the news is in.....drum roll please.....7lbs!
Happy with that considering I still feel bloated!
:D

It's still early days Jackie, what did your dietician say about protein drinks - I know mine prefers us to have it through food if we can! What about scrambled egg and fish in parsley sauce?

Well done on your loss this week too! Xx

It's still early days Jackie, what did your dietician say about protein drinks - I know mine prefers us to have it through food if we can! What about scrambled egg and fish in parsley sauce?

Well done on your loss this week too! Xx

Thanks Aud
I am just finding it hard to have meals that are protein laden at the minute. I only ended up with 15g yesterday.
I am going to go and get some fish today, not sure about eggs at this stage!
How you doing with your food? What kind of things are you eating and how much?
Thanks again Aud

xx

Goodness me has it been a week already?? Great loss so far, well done :)
Your intake seems about right at this stage, it takes a little while to build up. If you're worried about protein swap some of your water for milk, it'll improve protein and calories and give you more energy, still counts towards your liquids too ;)
Personally I've never used the protein drinks, the dietician told me they'd prefer it if we didn't use them and got the protein from 'normal' food sources.
As for being emotional, the surgery does mess with you, I was an emotional wreck the first few weeks, it will settle down x

Goodness me has it been a week already?? Great loss so far, well done :)
Your intake seems about right at this stage, it takes a little while to build up. If you're worried about protein swap some of your water for milk, it'll improve protein and calories and give you more energy, still counts towards your liquids too ;)
Personally I've never used the protein drinks, the dietician told me they'd prefer it if we didn't use them and got the protein from 'normal' food sources.
As for being emotional, the surgery does mess with you, I was an emotional wreck the first few weeks, it will settle down x

Thanks Suzie
I know I can't believe that this time last week I was in theatre! Crazy! I will lay off the protein drinks then. Thanks for the advice. Any suggestions at this stage for food?
I feel better today, hopefully yesterday was just a blip!
Thanks again for your continued advice and support, means a lot!
Hope you are ok.
Jackie
xx

Thanks Aud I am just finding it hard to have meals that are protein laden at the minute. I only ended up with 15g yesterday. I am going to go and get some fish today, not sure about eggs at this stage! How you doing with your food? What kind of things are you eating and how much? Thanks again Aud xx

I struggled to eat much at all, or i ate to much and then I didn't want to eat anything else for the rest of day! I'm trying to get more calories in me now. I might put cheese in my soup or have a cup of warm milk ( but I never did the milk diet, so quite like this) I had diary lee triangles, corned beef mash.
Just moving onto soft foods so I have a mini dinner ( can eat about a third/half ) always mindful to eat my protein first though! Xx

Thank-you for sharing your dairy I always like reading what it's like post-op since I am going for surgery in August again thank-you .

Thank-you for sharing your dairy I always like reading what it's like post-op since I am going for surgery in August again thank-you .

Your welcome Mike, good luck!

Back