• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Length of hospital stay

Best of luck tomorrow with your double whammy operation! I'll be thinking if you. Please take it REALLY easy and look after yourself X

I Had my Hiatus Hernia repaired when I had my bypass. It was all fine - just a bit uncomfortable. I went in at 6.30am on the Tuesday for op at 8am. Was out of theatre by 11.15am. Then spent 24hours in HDU and was sent home at lunchtime on the Friday (three nights total).

I'm up for going down for op at 9 o clock thy said I should be back for 1 I'll let you all know how i am soon as I can thanks

Good luck...

I had my op 3pm weds

4 hours in theatre due to lots of adhesions sticking my liver to stomach to sort out prior to bypass bit...

Out of recovery at 8pm onto ward..

Thursday I was up doing short walks and saw surgeon who said I was to stay on ward till at least 6pm and then if I felt well enough I could leave.. If not I could stay till the morning..

I left at 7pm Thursday and went home for the best nights sleep ever lol...

Your body will tell you and as other have said get moving ASAP as it helps you heal and get the blood flowing x

Good luck...

I had my op 3pm weds

4 hours in theatre due to lots of adhesions sticking my liver to stomach to sort out prior to bypass bit...

Out of recovery at 8pm onto ward..

Thursday I was up doing short walks and saw surgeon who said I was to stay on ward till at least 6pm and then if I felt well enough I could leave.. If not I could stay till the morning..

I left at 7pm Thursday and went home for the best nights sleep ever lol...

Your body will tell you and as other have said get moving ASAP as it helps you heal and get the blood flowing x
Hi Valentine - there is nothing like being told you can go home xx

Hi Valentine - there is nothing like being told you can go home xx

That's for sure..

And I had to travel from Central London to Clacton on sea which takes over 3 hours on a good run .. City is dire for traffic even at 7pm at night so it was a 4 hour journey home..

But boy did I sleep when I hit my fluffy pillow and freshly made bed lol xx

Back