• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My hospital bag list and what I really didn't need to take!

i dont know if it helps but in asda we saw post operation bras with no underwire etc but still supportive think they were £6 x

Great post - use dry shampoo all the time but didn't think of it for hospital - duh!

Been chucking things in a pile in the spare room and now got my date for next week. :)

I never had to take them. But yes I think the elastic might be a bit of a must ;)

Dimples70 said:
When you say 100% cotton knickersvare we talking with elastic waist ????

I got a pack of 100% cotton knickers from asda. Only £2.50 for 4 pairs. Good job as well because I wasn't provided with paper ones and needed something as I was on and needed to use a sanitary towel. I wouldn't use a favorite pair, mine went in the bin as they were covered in iodine!

Thanks for this post Yve, very helpful. Now I want to go shopping to buy new stuff especially for the op. :eek:)

That's a good one, I've made sure it's on my list. I've also written a list of people my Hubby will send text messages to, to let them know how the surgery went. Everyone I've told has asked me to let then know as soon as possible how it goes, so that's what we'll do. :0)

It is so helpful isn't it. One less thing to worry about knowing you've got everything you need xx

Glad its still helping people! Please make sure you add any suggestions when you're on the other side!

I brought a comfy zip up the front robe and slippers to walk around in. Ended up wearing the robe most of the time due to being cold so it was a great purchase for me pre op.

i took
pj's
cardigan ( not worn )
dressing gown ( worn to theatre only )
cotton kickers ( only used day 3 onwards as had catheter in )
dilute nas squash ( used day 3 onwards, they forgot to give me anything to drink till 2 days after surgery )
my kindle ( used a little, hard to concentrate )
magazines
dry mouth spray ( god send while i was nil by mouth )
shower gel, flannel, deodorant, body spray
loose clothes ( not used, went home in pj's )

i took pj's cardigan ( not worn ) dressing gown ( worn to theatre only ) cotton kickers ( only used day 3 onwards as had catheter in ) dilute nas squash ( used day 3 onwards, they forgot to give me anything to drink till 2 days after surgery ) my kindle ( used a little, hard to concentrate ) magazines dry mouth spray ( god send while i was nil by mouth ) shower gel, flannel, deodorant, body spray loose clothes ( not used, went home in pj's )

Did you ever get your boots back?? Wasn't it you where they got lost in hospital?

Did you ever get your boots back?? Wasn't it you where they got lost in hospital?

Yup was me but no I never got them back and hossie wouldnt take responsibility

Back