• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my journey so far

i have had mine about 6 months, but got to see phycologist in feb no app for dietision yet so i think im a few months off my opp

I saw Dr raj then dietitian then Mr White had sleep ap test Xmas eve then went bk to see dietitian then she said it's looking at being around march , how does he know sleep ap is under control do u have to have the test again , hope it doesn't hold me up , I've heard u have to have it six wk before surgery at night xxx

Hi luv there just happy if you have been on your machine i had to take mine down to surgery with me as they said i had to have it on straight after surgery but they didn't put it on me as i was on oxygen, but to be honest I think they all do different with each person, its all up to the anesthetist as he is the one that put you to sleep if he happy it goes ahead I saw mine the morning of the op and he wasn't concerned about it, try not to worry love if they said its march it will be fingers crossed. Oh and I didn't use my machine once while in hospital as i was on oxygen. I would ring up the sleep clinic where you went and ask them if they know roughly when you will get your machine then at least you have an idea, i remember DR Raj chasing things up for me. Good luck and please ask me anything you want if i can answer i will lol I'm still new to all this xxxxxxxxx

chezez said:
Hi luv there just happy if you have been on your machine i had to take mine down to surgery with me as they said i had to have it on straight after surgery but they didn't put it on me as i was on oxygen, but to be honest I think they all do different with each person, its all up to the anesthetist as he is the one that put you to sleep if he happy it goes ahead I saw mine the morning of the op and he wasn't concerned about it, try not to worry love if they said its march it will be fingers crossed. Oh and I didn't use my machine once while in hospital as i was on oxygen. I would ring up the sleep clinic where you went and ask them if they know roughly when you will get your machine then at least you have an idea, i remember DR Raj chasing things up for me. Good luck and please ask me anything you want if i can answer i will lol I'm still new to all this xxxxxxxxx

Thanks Hun how much have u lost so far ? I'm six foot n 27 stone so got lot to lose lost a stone so far but it's so difficult , really liked dr white and Vicki the dieician but dr raj was a bit rude if I'm honest , feel miles better now I've spoke to u I just want it over with so I can start living again xxx

mariemummyof2 said:
Thanks Hun how much have u lost so far ? I'm six foot n 27 stone so got lot to lose lost a stone so far but it's so difficult , really liked dr white and Vicki the dieician but dr raj was a bit rude if I'm honest , feel miles better now I've spoke to u I just want it over with so I can start living again xxx

Also did u have severe sleep apnea xx

Hi luv,
A stone is so good I'm only 5'3 and i weighed 23 stones i think Ive lost about 3 stones now since op 17th December but i see Vicki next week so i will know for defo. I didn't have severe sleep apnea but they wanted me to have the machine as i had all the effects from it. Dr Raj i found really nice must of been having a bad day when he saw you i had a good laugh with him but i have a good laugh with everyone lol . I know what you mean about starting living again i wont lie to you I found the first month really hard I still am a few tears at the beginning as i was in pain and really down but it was over Xmas, I'm getting there slowly cant eat hardly anything and meat cant tolerate it chicken if soft but just a little cheese i love and can handle that i get my protein from that and milk at the moment Ive just started to be able to have a slice of wholemeal toast with peanut butter but have to chew ever so well. I still cant get used to leaving food on my plate but my head is catching up. I have so much to look forward to this year and I'm looking forward to getting some nice outfits for my grandsons christening before I would have dreaded going to do s but I'm so looking forward to it now and its in June so hopefully will have lost more xxxxxxxxx

chezez said:
Hi luv,
A stone is so good I'm only 5'3 and i weighed 23 stones i think Ive lost about 3 stones now since op 17th December but i see Vicki next week so i will know for defo. I didn't have severe sleep apnea but they wanted me to have the machine as i had all the effects from it. Dr Raj i found really nice must of been having a bad day when he saw you i had a good laugh with him but i have a good laugh with everyone lol . I know what you mean about starting living again i wont lie to you I found the first month really hard I still am a few tears at the beginning as i was in pain and really down but it was over Xmas, I'm getting there slowly cant eat hardly anything and meat cant tolerate it chicken if soft but just a little cheese i love and can handle that i get my protein from that and milk at the moment Ive just started to be able to have a slice of wholemeal toast with peanut butter but have to chew ever so well. I still cant get used to leaving food on my plate but my head is catching up. I have so much to look forward to this year and I'm looking forward to getting some nice outfits for my grandsons christening before I would have dreaded going to do s but I'm so looking forward to it now and its in June so hopefully will have lost more xxxxxxxxx

I bet the weight is dropping off u then xx I know a woman who has lost nine stone in five months I would be chuffed with that lol , are u full quite easy I hope it works for me I've tried everything else xxx my weight stops me doing so much xx

I bet the weight is dropping off u then xx I know a woman who has lost nine stone in five months I would be chuffed with that lol , are u full quite easy I hope it works for me I've tried everything else xxx my weight stops me doing so much xx

Hi Luv I think its coming off dint know how fast as i dint weigh myself I'm not going to get into been obsessed about how much i weigh any more, i feel really full quite easy but today I have felt a little hungrier than usual think it coming up to time of month, but just because my head says I'm hungry body says no to food lol really weird it is, but I'm sure I will get my head around it eventually. I am just happy to lose whatever my body wants to get rid off I feel the benefit already I'm not in as much pain and I'm moving allot better so roll on end of year when I am smaller and can do much more thats what I'm looking forward to, I know its weird but to take all my curtains down wash all windows all in one day instead of one curtain then I'm knacked lol xxxxx

Hiya I got sleep machine and it's worked 63 Apneas a hr I was having down to zero now I have to see dr raj again even though I've had my pre op and seen mr White , did u see dr raj twice I'm really scared he was really abrupt first time , how r u doing x

Back