• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My op is tomorrow!!!

Hi everyone. Thank you for all the lovely messages.
Well had op at 5pm and was in recovery about 8ish all a bit of a blur but surgeon said all went very well. 2nd day on ward and was up walking yesterday and hope to go home today. Apart from some pain, might be wind!, I'm feeling ok. I lost 8kg's on my pre op diet so was really pleased with that.
Staff very helpful and constantly checking on you so I have no complaints about Homerton hospital.
Love Tracey
xxx

Hi everyone. Thank you for all the lovely messages.
Well had op at 5pm and was in recovery about 8ish all a bit of a blur but surgeon said all went very well. 2nd day on ward and was up walking yesterday and hope to go home today. Apart from some pain, might be wind!, I'm feeling ok. I lost 8kg's on my pre op diet so was really pleased with that.
Staff very helpful and constantly checking on you so I have no complaints about Homerton hospital.
Love Tracey
xxx
woohoo so glad you're ok :) hope you get to go home today, nothing quite like your own bed, good luck :) xxx

Glad to hear your well hun good luck with your journey xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

good luck hun x

All the best honey, look forward to hearing your journey xxx

Goodluck hun for tomorrow.

all the best X

hey everyone, this was posted 2 days ago, so shes well and truly post op now woop!!! :) xxx

Hope you feeling ok Tracey x

Hi all.

Well did come home Wednesday night, but did not get discharged until after 6pm so was a long day. Got home about 7.30pm and first thing I did was have a shower, bliss!!! Had a bit of an anxious night on Wednesday, but think this is because it was my first night and frightened to move during the night.

Since then been improving everyday and well quite well apart from some tenderness in my tummy, but haven't had to take any off the pain killers the hospital sent me home with. At my GP on Monday to get my dressings changed and hand in all my hospital letters and the clips come out on the 20th, Friday.

Got my letter from Homerton today for my first follow up appointment, 25/01, so I am not going to weigh myself until then and see how much I've lost since my surgery date. Haven't got dressed since home, only clean nightwear, so don't know if my clothes are 'baggy' on me yet!!!

My husband has taken 2 weeks off work and has been an absolute diamond doing everything, got to milk it for as long as I can :)

Bye for now
Tracey
xxxxx

Glad ur home n on the mend happy healin hun x n well dun on ur weight loss x

Good to see you are home hun and doing well xxxxxxxx

Glad to hear you're home! Good idea waiting til you go to your follow up to weigh. Maybe I should do that! Might be a fun surprise. Not sure if I can wait though. I'm going to want to get on the scale every 5 minutes!

Just read this and really pleased all is going well for you. Can't wait to see how you have done
Aud xx

Hi all.

Went back to hospital on 25/01/12 for my first post op appointment and I've lost another 11 pounds do that's 27.5 pounds since I started my pre-op diet on 27/12/11, about 4 weeks ago, so really pleased. Hospital say I'm doing really well considering I thought I was eating to much. Now I'm on puréed food I am eating a lot less.

I know this is only the start to my weight loss journey, but I'm so happy that I've had the op and do not regret any of it, even though the pre-op diet was SO difficult, it's a distance memory now.

Not back at hospital until 13/03/12, but the bariatric team are only at the end of the telephone if I have any problems or concerns, so friendly, can not fault homerton hospital at all.

Also got into a pair of jeans today that were too tight 6 months ago woo hoo!!!

Love
Tracey x

Back