• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Ramblings...

I thought I could home today but they need to monitor me with this feed and how my body tolerates it. It was fine to begin with but I starting to feel quite sickly now. I won't say anything just yet it may settle down.

My surgeon said I would have the tube for 2-3 weeks and then he would perform the bypass. That being said, my dietician has just been to see me and said that they sometimes want patients to meet a target weight before they any more surgery. They have their MDT meeting every Tuesday and will discuss my case then, as they do every week! Haha! I will know their plan after that.

eh well lets hope its soon and am pleased thye have found the reason and hopefully put you back the best way possible to have arealtively normal life now xx

It took me about 4 days to be able to get a full feed pack into me in one go (12 hours!). I was warned that it would give me the screaming squits but on the whole I dodged that one nicely. Chin up :)

Oh my goodness, I'm glad they've found a reason but how scary for you and frustrating that you need a long stay.

I am was feeling like absolute death this morning but I am slowly drifting out of that. Whoop! I hope that I will start to put on a bit of weight, I really look rough. :-D

I am very excited to be going ahead with a bypass it's the only way for me to look at this. My mother and sister are very doom and gloom as usual but I am too busy reading up on what to expect and how to prepare. I just know I have had to endure this for a reason. I know it sound very "hippyfied" but I don't believe in coincidences.

Really glad to hear they have found the cause for all your problems. I've had a feeding tube for about the last 6 weeks as I have severe nausea, I struggle to eat or drink anything and was loosing weight too quickly. The feed has stabilised my loss but I can't cope with having it in for much longer, my throat is so painful most days. I hope the bypass resolves all your issues.

You poor thing. It's just so awful isn't it. I really hope you get some answers soon too or at least begin to feel better. Much love and please check in and let me know how you are doing. Xx

Pleased to hear you feeling a little better today, long may it continue. WE strive to be thin then some get too thin its like a seesaw unfortunately for me never got any where near to skinny, skinny for me still large to others lol x

How are you doing? Are you home with the tube in yet? I'm just about to go and have mine taken out as it is making my throat so sore I cannot attempt to swallow anything or talk. I'm a bit worried about getting dehydrated / malnourished again. I have to aim for 1ltr fluids which is about 10x what I have been managing orally! After spending 3 1/2 weeks in hospital I am going to do everything I can to stay out of there and tube free. Take care

I AM HOME...Just!

I am so relieved and so thankful, I have missed my children so much!

I am feeling utterly exhausted and very sick indeed but I am told that my body is having to work overtime to make use of the nutrition it is now getting. I am currently on 40ml an hour over 20 hours; I know its slow but any more and I can't manage it.

My team have had further discussions and I am to have the feeding tube for a month; it is their hope that I gain 7-14lbs. If I am honest, that has taken such a weight off my shoulders. I can put the "I don't want to be fat again/I don't want to fail" fears to one side. My brain feels free for the first time in months. I have another clinic appointment on Friday and Monday and then I am sure many more after that, until I am fit for surgery.

The only decision I have to make now, is whether I want a Fobi Ring or not.

Tassie, I am so sorry you couldn't cope with the feeding tube any longer, I totally understand it though. My throat is already in agony and it has only been a few days. You have done incredibly well so to keep it in for this length of time. Have your team mentioned any ideas they have for your future care? May I ask what tests you have had? I had a myriad of tests and it was only the Endoscopy that revealed my twisted stomach.

Please keep me updated and feel free to PM me at any time if you need a chat.

Attachments

• home.jpg
    home.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Yay! Your own bed and your kids look adorable and glad to have you home.

With supplies of feed been on and (lots of) off available, it's taken me 6 weeks to get up to the light-speed of 95ml/hour. It's been a slow slow process of increasing the speed so don't be in a hurry is my experience.

My dietician's target is to get that up higher but I have more chance of winning the 100metres men's race than getting there is my guts answer.

Bet you feel sooooooo much better with calories, even though it's horrid getting them in.

Thank you Thinner.

Honestly, I feel worse now than I did before but I am sure this will pass and my team are hopeful of that too. I am encouraged by tour experience and I won't be tempted to hurry things along, although I really do hope that my Bypass surgery isn't too far away.

My children screamed so loud when they saw me pull up, I had to put my hands up to get them to stop when they ran out to me. They would have knocked me down. Hah! Its been lovely just sitting and catching up and getting lots of hugs and kisses. My husband is being very attentive and has asked many questions about my feed and pump and just wanted me to get it set up as soon as I sat down. He just wants me well again.

Today, had been one of those days where you do all you can to stay upbeat and still have to sit and watch as "everything" unfolds around you.

My mum and sister love my dearly I know and of course they scared and worried but hear flat out that "You shouldn't have had weightloss surgery because of the impact that your choice is now having on the rest of us", has winded me. I already knew it was how they felt, (their actions and snide remarks made it obvious) but I hoped that they would have thought twice about actually voicing their opinions until I was well and truly on the mend and we could all talk about this ordeal with clear heads.

Apparently my positive outlook shows I am not grasping the severity of the situation and have no intention of even trying to gain the weight my team have recommended. I look worse than I did when I went in to hospital and my actions are having a detrimental affect on my children because I cannot be there for them as a mother should. Everyone is scared stiff because I still have surgery to come and they will all have to wait and see what complications arise from that. Its all a nightmare and I should have "done it the hard way".

I have no words to describe how I felt as they laid into me. All this while I was literally dragging my body around my kitchen and attached to my pump! I feel guilty that my choices have forced everyone around me to deal with more than they should. That being said, anyone with true kindness in their hearts would never mention it would they? They would just get on with helping because that is what loved ones do. My husband has not complained once about my choices although I know he is juggling 10 times as much now. We love each other; When he cannot manage I step in and vice versa. No talk, we just do.

I am doing all I can to stay strong, there is no room is my head for "what if's" and tears. If I start on down that road, there is no telling if I will ever come back. I have dealt with depression in the past, it crippled me and I am finally medication free. I have to listen, vent and then forget.

Last edited:
Today, had been one of those days where you do all you can to stay upbeat and still have to sit and watch as "everything" unfolds around you.

My mum and sister love my dearly I know and of course they scared and worried but hear flat out that "You shouldn't have had weightloss surgery because of the impact that your choice is now having on the rest of us", has winded me. I already knew it was how they felt, (their actions and snide remarks made it obvious) but I hoped that they would have thought twice about actually voicing their opinions until I was well and truly on the mend and we could all talk about this ordeal with clear heads.

Apparently my positive outlook shows I am not grasping the severity of the situation and have no intention of even trying to gain the weight my team have recommended. I look worse than I did when I went in to hospital and my actions are having a detrimental affect on my children because I cannot be there for them as a mother should. Everyone is scared stiff because I still have surgery to come and they will all have to wait and see what complications arise from that. Its all a nightmare and I should have "done it the hard way".

I have no words to describe how I felt as they laid into me. All this, while I was literally dragging my body around my kitchen and attached to my bump! I feel guilty that my choices have forced everyone around me to deal with more than they should. That being said, anyone with true kindness in their hearts would never mention it would they? They would just get on with helping because that is what loved ones do. My husband has not complained once about my choices although I know he is juggling 10 times as much now. We love each other; When he cannot manage I step in and vice versa. No talk, we just do.

I am doing all I can to stay strong, there is no room is my head for "what if's" and tears. If I start on down that road, there is no telling if I will ever come back. I have dealt with depression in the past, it crippled me and I am finally medication free. I have to listen, vent and then forget.

Last edited:
First off what an amazing post I truly look forward to your next chapter you dont sugar coat things just say how it is and I like that this site gives you and anyone else the freedom to express yourself and to feel safe in doing that as not eveyone has a partner/ friends/ family support network behind them.
coming on there makes me not feel alone in taking up WLS
secondly your children are adore able!
Be like your name and remain postive dont let no one put you asunder x

Last edited:
Oh Alex, I feel for you.

They were cruel and hurtful things that were said that served no purpose other to put you down unnecessarily. It was not constructive preemptive advice; it holds no value. I do strongly believe that your mother and sister love you very deeply and did not intend to wound you with their words; more likely that their own fear and worry made their words spill out without thought.

Risks are explained prior to surgery, but generally we never believe it will happen. You can't undo what has already happened, you can only look ahead.

Don't stop being you. Your children and husband continue to support you and we are all here for you too. Continue to hold your head up high and follow the advice of the medics, as you always do.

I hope you soon have the spring back in your step and I wish you the best of health and happiness x

Alex. You are strong and the bond with your husband seems to make you a formidable team. I think that your mother and sister said that as deep down they care too and it's hard to watch those you love have problems and be wired up to the mains! My husband still looks at me and says 'Oh my God!' even now. But as you've realised it's onwards and upwards, what's done is done and we certainly didn't ask to have these problems. And you have a SOLUTION on the way. Yay :)

Frankly hon - you have taken the hard way! They clearly do care and are worried and to some extent they are just looking for reassurance. Often us bigger people are the agony aunts, the ones they come to for advice. When we are down and they need someone they don't know what to do. So they try and turn back to you for reassurance - but you're the one who's not well and you can't give them a reassurance that you simply don't have. Let it lie for now, focus on yourself and your babies who are more than happy that mum is home. Lean on your husband - that is what marriage is for. And above all else - stay positive - because without your positivity I can't imagine you would be holding it together as well as you are. We all do things that make people around us suffer. But would they feel any different if they were visiting you in hospital because of obesity?

Back