• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nobody to relate to anymore on this site..just really fed up with abdomen problems

It's a shame really no long termers are still about,as we could learn a lot from each other..I'd love to know how people maintain 5 yrs later etc..I'm over 4 years and still learning,and thanks I hope to get to the bottom of my issues too :)

Do you mind me asking Emma-Louise, do you regret your surgery? Just wondering with everything your going through! x

Hi i want to say thanks. As a newbie who is still pre op. It was refreshing and informative to read the comments on this thread. Emma Louise and everyone facing a new hurdle. i hope you find the problem and answer soon.

I'm glad about that..not that I want to be negative..but a lot on the forum is all rose tinted....
Like it was for me at the start,but then reality sets in :)

Do you mind me asking Emma-Louise, do you regret your surgery? Just wondering with everything your going through! x

Mmm that's hard to answer,
If you'd asked me that in the first 2 years after surgery I would have said definetly not.
My earlier posts will show how everything was fantastic!...now...I do regret surgery at times.
I wished I could have lost the weight on my own...but without this surgery I know I would be even bigger,
It's really hard to answer..

Mmm that's hard to answer,
If you'd asked me that in the first 2 years after surgery I would have said definetly not.
My earlier posts will show how everything was fantastic!...now...I do regret surgery at times.
I wished I could have lost the weight on my own...but without this surgery I know I would be even bigger,
It's really hard to answer..

Thanks for being honest. I really do hope you get to the root of the problem and can start to feel good again xx

Thanks for being honest. I really do hope you get to the root of the problem and can start to feel good again xx

That's ok..it's good to know people want to hear about "the other side" of gastric bypass.
I really believe here in the uk,we aren't as clued up as USA.

It does seem to be an on going thing, doesnt it, no long-termers staying around. Im only 2 years out, so dont consider myself a long termer really.

It does indeed. I'm almost six years out and don't often post for me anymore, just stick to the moderating. If I do its in my diary, it seems like no one but those who read it will be remotely interested :cry:

I wish I had heard the other side in its true colours because I would not have gone through with the surgery. I do feel I would rather be over weight but happy. To day is another example with dumping again I just want weeks Of feeling ok before I have a bad day again but that's not going to happen. Still feeling rough from this mornings dump. I don't feel normal anymore.

Emma I know its slow after an iron infusion but our darn bodies are just not designed otherwise. Set the point at which you have been told/you feel an improvement should be felt and then if you don't achieve that then please kick off. Your key objective is to be better. If you don't achieve that you need answers etc

Keep the faith, we are still pioneers. Really after 10-15 years any other procedure is regarded as still in its medical infancy. I wish you could get some relief and answers.

This may seem bit random but bear with me.

At work today I was involved in deciding where £20million pounds of government NHS funding would go. The question in hand was reducing attendances at A+E. I have been a very senior primary care manager for 30 years+. In that time I have seen over 40 schemes to address this problem and yes we are still experiencing it more and more severely 30 years later.

Added to that I have been an 'expert' witness/consultant for primary care within the NHS for over 25 years. A real clever clogs? Excuse me I don't think so. Within the last 14 days I have received multiple papers about 'schemes' which potentially may 'solve' the current obesity crisis. Am I impressed/convinced at the solutions put forward? NO and lets repeat that for emphasis NO NO NO NO

We, the survivors should inform that. Please for goodness sake let it be us that provides this

I'm glad about that..not that I want to be negative..but a lot on the forum is all rose tinted....
Like it was for me at the start,but then reality sets in :)

Got me thinking twice maybe i should try harder to shift it on my own. With 2 stones loss and wanting to lose another 8 to 9 i feel motivated. But then im worried about what happens when life gets tough because when it does i eat. Obesity vs complications is a tough one but Im really giving this some thought.

It does indeed. I'm almost six years out and don't often post for me anymore, just stick to the moderating. If I do its in my diary, it seems like no one but those who read it will be remotely interested :cry:

Mazza thats why I felt I had to post something regarding people not being interested in other issues other than
"Look at my dress" or similar.
I feel the site has become very clicky and I'm glad this post had brought some long termers back.
Thanks for your comment about me messaging you,it's nice to hear I can finally talk to others now xxx

I wish I had heard the other side in its true colours because I would not have gone through with the surgery. I do feel I would rather be over weight but happy. To day is another example with dumping again I just want weeks Of feeling ok before I have a bad day again but that's not going to happen. Still feeling rough from this mornings dump. I don't feel normal anymore.

Mouse..your still very early out,and your pouch is extremely sensitive to all foods..I promise it does get better.
When your more long term you'll be very grateful for dumping as it keeps you on the staights and narrow.
You'll learn to know how much you can tolerate before you dump.
You'll be able to have an little treat all in moderation..I know that feeling of "not normal" but we can't change things now.
I think it's a bummer I can't eat bread anymore I'd die for a sandwich so I have crisp breads now.
You just adapt..you might be just having a down day...you'll be ok tommorow x

Mazza thats why I felt I had to post something regarding people not being interested in other issues other than
"Look at my dress" or similar.
I feel the site has become very clicky and I'm glad this post had brought some long termers back.
Thanks for your comment about me messaging you,it's nice to hear I can finally talk to others now xxx

Anytime ;) xx

Got me thinking twice maybe i should try harder to shift it on my own. With 2 stones loss and wanting to lose another 8 to 9 i feel motivated. But then im worried about what happens when life gets tough because when it does i eat. Obesity vs complications is a tough one but Im really giving this some thought.

I wouldn't want to put words into anyone's mouth..but if there ANY chance you feel you could loose your weigh on your own..then do it!
Life after bypass isn't easy..far from it,just think about it carefully x

Emma I know its slow after an iron infusion but our darn bodies are just not designed otherwise. Set the point at which you have been told/you feel an improvement should be felt and then if you don't achieve that then please kick off. Your key objective is to be better. If you don't achieve that you need answers etc Keep the faith, we are still pioneers. Really after 10-15 years any other procedure is regarded as still in its medical infancy. I wish you could get some relief and answers. This may seem bit random but bear with me. At work today I was involved in deciding where £20million pounds of government NHS funding would go. The question in hand was reducing attendances at A+E. I have been a very senior primary care manager for 30 years+. In that time I have seen over 40 schemes to address this problem and yes we are still experiencing it more and more severely 30 years later. Added to that I have been an 'expert' witness/consultant for primary care within the NHS for over 25 years. A real clever clogs? Excuse me I don't think so. Within the last 14 days I have received multiple papers about 'schemes' which potentially may 'solve' the current obesity crisis. Am I impressed/convinced at the solutions put forward? NO and lets repeat that for emphasis NO NO NO NO We, the survivors should inform that. Please for goodness sake let it be us that provides this

I sometimes wonder having baratric surgeries are just a "short term" cure for the obesity.
I honestly wonder if years down the line there could be a lot of people that have problems due to these types of surgeries.
It just makes me wonder....a bit like replacing an old set of problems with a new set.
Or am I being negative again?

Well my iron transfusion went ok...just very long!
Got a bit of a temperature half way through but a paractomol sorted that out.
Came home and had a big bowl of spinach for tea...eating my greens for iron(good girl)
Was told it might take about 4 weeks to feel any improvement..I can't sleep tonite!

And just wanted to thank everyone who replied to this post and sorry if anyone has been upset.
My intentions are just to be around to help anyone where I can,after all personal experiences are sometimes far more better than a doctors.
I hope I haven't come across negative or moaning,at times I've just felt I had no to talk too.
My children see me paralysed with wind pains and can hardly breathe so at times it's no fun.

I'm glad some long termers are back after all we need each other..I was a newbie once and this site and the members was valuable to me.
I hope I can carry on helping where I can..but I will warn you in advance I've still got a bit more moaning to do as still need to get to the bottom of these pains!... :)
I wish everyone well x

I support you in your statement you were a newbie now your a mature member we need you and you need us so let's all stick together in this ongoing journey and support each other. Hope you get yo the bottom of your pains and problems, keep us up to date and you moan as much as you like

I support you in your statement you were a newbie now your a mature member we need you and you need us so let's all stick together in this ongoing journey and support each other. Hope you get yo the bottom of your pains and problems, keep us up to date and you moan as much as you like

Thanks mouse..your a star x

The whole point of this forum, surely, is to give advice, support and bounce stuff off each other, without long termers posting we will only get short term knowledge and that is only half the picture as the longer post op we get, the advice we may really need when complications arise will not be there. Sometimes we need to vent! sometimes this can be seen by some (the ones wearing rose tinted specs!) as negative, but I for one want to know the negatives as well as the positives, warts and all! any one going into WLS needs to know things can go wrong and be comforted (at least a little) that there will be someone on this site who may have experienced the same/similar and will be able to offer some useful advice. I really hope Emma-louise that they get to the bottom of what is causing you such grief, and I shall be reading your posts avidly (rants and all!). We need the long termers!!:rant2:

The whole point of this forum, surely, is to give advice, support and bounce stuff off each other, without long termers posting we will only get short term knowledge and that is only half the picture as the longer post op we get, the advice we may really need when complications arise will not be there. Sometimes we need to vent! sometimes this can be seen by some (the ones wearing rose tinted specs!) as negative, but I for one want to know the negatives as well as the positives, warts and all! any one going into WLS needs to know things can go wrong and be comforted (at least a little) that there will be someone on this site who may have experienced the same/similar and will be able to offer some useful advice. I really hope Emma-louise that they get to the bottom of what is causing you such grief, and I shall be reading your posts avidly (rants and all!). We need the long termers!!:rant2:

Thanks samp,

Unfortunetly my post may have upset some members..that was not my intentions.
I was merely pointing out things I've noticed on this forum lately and it seems others have noticed it too.
My only purpose on here is to help others where I can,and I will long continue.
And yes I do have other commitments..and I enjoy helping others.
Where else could we turn? We all have one thing in common....hope everyone has a good day :)

It is not your fault Emma that you have been left with these issues and if it has upset people well then they are only interested in their own welfare and not that of their cyber wls pals. We are all in this together rough with the smooth and we still need help and advice and we have fewer people who we can relate to so stand firm and state your case. If they don't like it they won't comment back but I doubt there is any one really offended so don't be stressing. Save your strength for you health battle with the medics x

Back