• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Period oh period -where are you?

Bluebutterflier

Bouncing Bander
Period dramas! (sorry for being so indepth)

Im a bit worried, as I cant recall the dates of my last period...As I was going through a stressful time...My nan just passed away, and her funeral was the 19th March 2012...So...I think I had just finished my period then...but are periods 28 days long or what?... Honestly, mines never been set to stone....only way I can tell is if i get a bit irrational PMS/PMT or sore nipples....

and my operation is due the 17th April 2012!!!

Heres how my paranoid head is going right now:
  • * Will they do my surgery if im on my period
    * What if im stressing out and my period isnt coming because of the stress!
    * What if they postpone my surgery because of my period
    * Am i doing the milk diet for nothing, if my period ruins my operation?
    * Is there something I can take to induce my period lol
    * If I call the hospital now, they may wait till my periods over, and I can stop this milk diet....
    * Can I wear a tampon for the surgery? hmmm
    * Would they allow me to wear knickers with a sanitary towel?

not stupid at all.....periods control our bloody lives through everything so why would this be any different!!! lol

i dont have periods due to the pill im on and previous to that i was never regular...so im not much help....BUT i would be worrying about the same....

i did read somewhere that as long as you werent in the first 2/3 days of bleeding then they will go ahead with surgery xx

not stupid at all.....periods control our bloody lives through everything so why would this be any different!!! lol

i dont have periods due to the pill im on and previous to that i was never regular...so im not much help....BUT i would be worrying about the same....

i did read somewhere that as long as you werent in the first 2/3 days of bleeding then they will go ahead with surgery xx

Thanks Missy....didnt know where to post this thread as im new to the site...and im just sat here with my mind going all over the place.....so to keep me busy, i need 50 posts lol, so im reading a lot!!!! and replying to people!....and playing the word games etc!....as well im having a bout of insomnia, ive had all my things today on my milk diet, so its not like I can have more :(....and facebook is boring me! lol ;)

get yourself on bejeweled blitz and solitaire blitz on FB....i only have 1 game and that turns into 2 hrs lol

your thread is fine here, dont worry, were all not anal enough to tell you off for posting in the wrong place.

a good place to look for relevant threads, most up to date is if you click 'unread posts' in the top right hand corner of the screen.....you will see the most recent posts...

50 soon builds up, im off to bed now but will see your activity in the morning....down a pint of water and go to bed and read a book....you need your rest, sleep well xxx

I had my period on the day of my op.
Stop worrying Hun I know I was the same lol.
The day of my op when they were doing a questionnaire, they asked when was my last period and I said I was on today, they never asked what day my period started and weren't worried about it, only thing they said was to not have a tampon in when I go to surgery, just to use a pad on their sexy hospital knickers they give u, and she even said if I didn't have any they had plenty if I needed them.

I hate using pads but it so much easier after op.

I had my period on the day of my op.
Stop worrying Hun I know I was the same lol.
The day of my op when they were doing a questionnaire, they asked when was my last period and I said I was on today, they never asked what day my period started and weren't worried about it, only thing they said was to not have a tampon in when I go to surgery, just to use a pad on their sexy hospital knickers they give u, and she even said if I didn't have any they had plenty if I needed them.

I hate using pads but it so much easier after op.

Oh VickyLou your a star...you've put my mind to rest xxxxxxx

If I remember rightly they will still operate but only allow you to wear towels and not tampons because of reactions and toxic shock etc.......

hi
i was on my period when i had my op
they just asked when my last one was and i told them i was currently on and they just said to not use tampons and i had to use a towel for during the op with them disposable knickers they give u x
and straight after the op i was allowed to change.
so wouldnt worry hun x

Thanks all for your replies....its put my mind at rest, and im not so worried now x

I am sorry for your loss hun. Big HUG.
I had been bleeding every day for almost two years. I was bleeding when I had my op. They never asked anything about my period but I talked to the nurse. She said not to wear a tampon (which is fine as I can't use them) but I could wear my knickers with a sanitary towel. I never had a problem hun and I don't think you will.
I had also had the coil put in 2 months before and that worried me but they were fine with it. Thankfully since my op and with the help on the coil and my weight loss I have bleed free days which is bliss and I seem to be getting a 'normal' cycle.
Good luck with your op hun x

I am sorry for your loss hun. Big HUG.
I had been bleeding every day for almost two years. I was bleeding when I had my op. They never asked anything about my period but I talked to the nurse. She said not to wear a tampon (which is fine as I can't use them) but I could wear my knickers with a sanitary towel. I never had a problem hun and I don't think you will.
I had also had the coil put in 2 months before and that worried me but they were fine with it. Thankfully since my op and with the help on the coil and my weight loss I have bleed free days which is bliss and I seem to be getting a 'normal' cycle.
Good luck with your op hun x

Hi Witchingmoon....

Thanks for your comments...Just had a look see at your profile...wow you've done really well :)

Im not married, but in a LTR and we hope to have children in the future, once I maintain my weight at a healthy level....

Hope you dont mind me adding you as a friend x

By the way, how old are you? im curious lol x

Woop Woop I started my period today....so I'll be off for my surgery on the 17th April 2012 :)

Bluebutterflier said:
Woop Woop I started my period today....so I'll be off for my surgery on the 17th April 2012 :)

How funny I started mine a couple of days ago too and my periods are usually irregular lol right before my surgery! Coincidence much lol x

Oh Fizz....x

Well at least its started...and you know where your at!

I was thinking the exact same thing Hun! I was late for my period over a week just before my bypass.. I ended up coming on 2 days before surgery. They won't cancel it.. Many woman have it done on their period I was told! Good luck! Xx

Hi Witchingmoon....

Thanks for your comments...Just had a look see at your profile...wow you've done really well :)

Im not married, but in a LTR and we hope to have children in the future, once I maintain my weight at a healthy level....

Hope you dont mind me adding you as a friend x

By the way, how old are you? im curious lol x

That is no problem hun friend request accepted.
I am 28 hun though did feel like an 80 year old till recently lol. x

Thanks Witchingmoon for accepting my friendship :)

Im 34....and im gonna be 35 in August....I recently read a newspaper article that says that 'Middle Age' now starts at 35yrs old! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!

Scary!....lol

Im always feeling older than I am, as I have a few horrid illnesses that make me appear to be 90yrs old....One being the dreaded 'Fibromyalgia'....which makes life very hard!

Back