• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

REALLY NEED ADVICE...What am I doing wrong ???

Thanks everyone for the replies,
Phatmomma I was interested in you saying mix things up and confuse your body,but I'm wondering how to do that?
Any ideas ?

Thanks

I had my op the day after Jacqui and have lost 5st since the pre-op and 3st 9llb since the bypass. I find that if I'm not eating enough protein, drinking or excercising that my weight tends to stay the same.

I tend to need to eat fairly frequently but find that I can eat anything and feel satisfied. My diary and those of the others will give you an idea. I have also had the occassional treat since my bypass.

Hope you manage to sort out things in your mind.

Rebirthxxx

sorry Emma Louise-my post is really insensitive to your thread. Sorry and good luck

Hiya, I do feel for you,, my weight has stayed the same for about five weeks now. I am so fed up and down about it. It seems to have coincided with a reduction in my thyroxine medication, I have gone from 200 down to 175 a day, as my blood results were a bit high.
I just don't know what to do to get the weigh moving again. Am really depressed :-((

Jan you have done so well and you are close to the end now and reaching your goal . Dont be fed up - just have a look back at how far you have come. You are one who inspired me when I started even though I had the band. Hang on in there and you will achieve your goal soon
loads of love
Jo XX

I've had a weight loss stall for the last 3 months. It's slowly starting again though. I am a year post op and my bariatric nurse said something the other day which cheered me right up. For my surgery to be considered a success, I have to lose 70% of my excess weight within 2 years and I've lost 65% in the first year. If as you say you've lost nearly 5 stone and have another 5 stone to go then you've lost nearly 50% of your excess weight within 5 months! Well done you!! My nurse also said that a plateau is very normal after the dramatic weight loss at first and that losing a pound or two a week is what I should aim for so you sound like you're doing perfectly.

It's also worth thinking about this, if you're more active, you'll be building muscle which is heavier than fat, you could be losing fat but gaining muscle which is why the scales don't show much loss.

You've done incredibly well so far and keep at it, you will get there eventually. And go easy on yourself! As my nurse said, the worse critics regarding our weight loss is ourselves!

Thanks everyone
I feel more postive today, I know what to do now!
So fingers crossed I'll weigh myself again in two weeks to see the result and I'll keep U all informed.
Infact I've started to go on my exercise machine for 30mins before bed to see if this will get my body working!'
What do you all think?

exercise has got to be good! As for mixing things up as Julie suggested: its just a case of not eating the same food day in, day out!
One day have a ham or turkey salad, another a jacket spud with tuna, another some fish and veg, another a nice juicy steak.....mmmm nom nom nom....sorry! :D ........too much hospital food, I got carried away with myself there! LOL.

Don't get stuck in a routine. And once in a while allow yourself a little treat - so that your body doesn't get convinced you're in a famine. It works - I've done this before with SW - like mixing up your red and green days. I'm glad to hear you're feeling more positive!
Grace xxx

Jan, I'm so sorry that you are feeling depressed. Could it be your reduced thyroxine levels that are making you feel this way. You have done so well on your wl journey so far and are truly inspirational.

Emma-Louise, I'm glad that you are feeling more positive today. As well as mixing up your food it might be worth you varying the activities you do. I'm sure that using the excersise machine will also help.

Sending you both love and hugs

Rebirthxx

Hi, Im fast approaching my 2nd anniversary but what I would say is if you have protein at every meal and make sure your protein intake is more than anything else on your plate, you wont go far wrong. Keep hydrated too. I have a boiled egg and slice of toast every morning and then something protein based for lunch and supper with veg and potato. I also try and have 2 or three pieces of fruit a day.

I know Im way further along than you but dont panic, the weight will come off. Its not a race and there is no time limit to how long it takes to lose.

Thanks Caroline,
I really do understand it will eventually come off,and I'm feeling much better today.
I think when we have this operation we are all desperate for the weight to come off quickly.
But at least I'm still loosing and not gaining x
Thanks for advice x

Awww Angel, it's going to have to slow down at some point and around the 5 stone mark from September is an average of a stone a month! I can understand how you feel when the stalls start... I'm expecting it too and I'll probably start doing a bit of change to stimulate the bowels and going on a special K 2 or 3 day diet alongside my vitamin supplements, I've already told myself this Angel.

Sending the hugest humungous hug as always xxxxx

oh good, I am glad!
I am a bit emotional at the moment and keep worrying that I offend everyone!!

Stay strong and remember to keep thinking about what you have achieved. x

Hi dizzybizzi,

I didn't think anything of it..lol
Too bothered about shifting this weight!
I get there one day x

hi em huni, dont worry about stalling, we all do it, you will probably find that when you arnt losing pounds, your losing inches instead, thats what ive found, im only losing the odd lb here and there now, but my clothes sizes are going down, im now in a size 10 jeans, and 12-14 tops, yet at christimas, i was 16 top and 14 bottom, ive only actually lost about 5lbs since christmas though. so dont worry. up your protein and fluids, and try to take a bit more exercise, i dont mean anything mega, just a bit more walking, or whatever u can manage. your doing great, and youve done really well, so dont worry. big hugs xxx

Thanks dawny,
I have done more walking and exercise this week.
But i am wondering if that I'd happening,I'm poising inches instead of on the scales!
I'm an 18 Jean and 14/16 top now,I was a size 26 last sept.
So I'm happy, just like everyone on here you want to get smaller.

Take care xxx

well there you are, youve lost loads of inches, its swings and roundabouts, when u lose the weight, the inches dont move, when u lose the inches, the scales dont move, so dont panic.

Wanted to update...as I'm so happy today!!
I weigh myself every 2 weeks at boots and today was the dreaded day.
I've had a stall you see for 6 weeks!!and honestly thought I've come to the end of the road.
But......after 2 weeks of increasing exercise and changing to sweetner and watching my small snacks,I've lost half a stone in the 2 weeks I'm sooooo happy I'm on the move again.
So keeping up the exercise and watching my snacks.
And now I've lost 5 stone 2 lbs since op in sept.
Woo hooooo x

Great news :) well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back