• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Scared, Shaky & Sick :(

Fading Grace

Fading Away
I've had the worst 24 hours of my life :cry:
I can't keep a thing down, not even water, I haven't had more than yogurts for the last couple of days, but last night I was sick every 20 minutes until I had nothing left in my body. I woke up about 8am today with bile in my mouth, I've been throwing up yellow stomach acid all morning. My body is so cold and shaky, I'm so scared I'm not sure what to do.
I called St Richard's but the person on the phone said there was no one from the bariatric team there so I should come into A&E. I don't live anywhere near the hospital and I don't even think I could make the journey without being sick every 10 minutes. I don't want to worry my daughter by sitting in A&E all day, so I'm hoping I can last until tomorrow morning when she goes to school to get checked out.
I've just taken my FasTab now to try and settle my stomach, hopefully that will work. I have some Double Action Gaviscon here also but I have to wait for a while until I can take it as I can't take it with the FasTab. :sigh:
I feel like I have something stuck in my throat. I hope this will pass, has anyone else gone through this? I know I am only 4 weeks out of surgery and I should expect some problems, but I feel so terrible and I feel like this will not pass, I hope to God that I don't have to have another surgery :cry:

Oh no? - maybe its just a bug with you feeling cold etc, I would just try to keep hydrated with water today and give your pouch time to settle down, rest up and see how you feel but ant worse straight to a & e. Xx feel better soon
Ps do you have friends or family that could pop over to you??

if it doesnt ease off, go right back to the hospital. Its more than likely nothing but for peace of mind to stop you worrying I would go back.

After my sleeve surgery I wound up with complications from the op which lead to being in hospital for 4 months. Now not to scare you as this is not my intention.. had I not gone to the hospital I would not be alive today as I had a leak as I was vomiting blood and stuff. As I said if I were you Id goto the hospital. Reason being if things settle and stop your always going to wonder what it was and if you have the same kind of thing a few months down the line your gonna be upset, panicing and stressed which isnt goign to make you any better. The other option is you could talk to your daughter and tell her you dont feel well and see what she thinks. It could be something daft like a 24 hour bug you have.

Let us know how you get on hun x

you need to go to ur local a and e and they will contact ur providing hospital and arrange for u to be transported there by ambulance, but u must seek medical help straight away, i am a paramedic and am trained to look at worst case so treat as bad until you know otherwise, now get dialing 999 and get to a and e

sorry i just read it again and if u feel something in ur throat there is a good chance that u have food backed up or ur oespohegus is swollen, both of which are serious complications of wls, DO NOT WAIT, call an ambulance and go to a and e

Thanks all for your care and advice I really appreciate it :)
I think I will go to A&E if I'm sick again today, so far after taking the FasTab I'm a bit more settled, just got a very sore throat but I can live with that.
I think I may have an Anastomotic Stricture (Google can be a blessing and a curse!) but obviously I shouldn't try and self diagnose so it looks like I'll have to go to my local hospital later if the vomiting starts up again.

i hope you go to A&E let us know how you get on xx take care better to sit for a couple of hours in there than something potentially terrible happen at home xx if you keep being sick while you are there they may push you up the queue anyway :)

I had the same problem last week. I couldn't keep anything down and was sent to the hospital blood tests. I kept putting it off and I got dehydrated. You need to go to the hospital even if it is a bug as you are still only 4 weeks out of surgery and dehydration for us is really easy. I'm too far from st. Richards to be able to get to their a & e when I felt like that so I went to my local hospital. My GP and the hospital liaised with st. richards. If you need to go there, they will arrange it. Hope it has continue to settle and you feel better soon but like everyone says don't wait if it starts again x

Just to reiterate what Stu said, please don't wait. Get yourself off to A+E pronto. By Ambulance if need be. There is no need to suffer when you can go there and get treatment. I hope to hear your feeling better soon Grace xxx

You really should go to A+E Grace, if for nothing else but to put your mind at rest.
Go prepared with your phone to give your daughter updates, a good book and some water.
Let us know how you get on lovely.
((hugs))
Em xxxx

Thanks for all of your concern :)
I had to double my dose of FasTab and go back on liquids until my acid reflux settles down. Thank goodness the vomiting/heartburn has stopped. I'm just drinking milk and water for the next weeks or maybe a drop of soup (don't think I could face another yogurt in my life!)
If the vomiting/heartburn gets as bad as it was on Saturday once I start eating solids again, I have to have a GI Endoscopy to see what the problem is.

Glad to hear you are doing better and things are settling. I hope there will be no need for you to have the Endoscopy but if you do have too at least you will know what's going on. Hope you continue to feel better :) x

I had this & the acid was coming up into my mouth & burnt my throat etc. I ended up in A & E & was taken in as dehydrated. I had a stricture caused by allergies to the fast tabs & other meds. I had a endoscopy stretch & was right as rain almost immediately.

Back