• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So Happy!!!

tarara

100lbs down
Been a member here for a while and mainly just lurked and taken in all the info here. But today i need to share some news I am so happy I feel like I will burst!
I just had my 2nd appointment with Mr Ainslie at Calderale Royal and have got the go ahead for gastric bypass.
At my last meeting with him he told me he would prefer to fit a balloon for 6 months or refer me to Liverpool for a duodeal switch. But I managed to lose 10KG since then and so he said he didn't think the switch was needed but offered me the option of having the balloon still and then the bypass after 6 months with it. As I had such a bad time when I had the camera down my throat I opted to just go for the bypass so he is today faxing my GP then once he has a reply from them I can go officially on the waiting list for the op which should be within 18 weeks. So I should have had it by the end of February next year.
I have had weeks of waking up to nightmares of getting weighed and put on, knowing that I can't have really, or them saying nope, sorry we made a boob and we're not going to do anything aftre all. I have grinned so much since I left his office I now have a headache lol.
Now just gonna keep up with how I have been eating and hoping to shed another few kilos before I go for my next appointment! Whoo hoo

fantastic news, you must be so chuffed, I too have been told 18 weeks for my band so here's to counting down x

Thats really good news.
I'm pleased and excited for you
Leanne x

Awesome! Well done and good luck on with your surgery and weight loss xx

You have done so well to lose that 10kg - its really paid off. Well done and congratulations. Mxx

fantastic news for you hun, best of luck with your weight loss journey, were all here for you.

Brilliant news x

Fantastic news! I bet your really very happy! :D

Keep us posted on your progress! ;);):D;);)

FANTASTIC NEWS !!!
:clap:

No wonder your happy...
soon be a :airquote:loser:airquote:

xx

Fab news for you :D

Seems Calderdale are getting their act together at last :D Wont be long now and you can have a lovely Christmas with a wicked New Year to look forward to :p

Have to say though Im glad my GP made the mistake and put me through Bradford when I requested Halifax.

Fantastic news :) Good luck with everything :) x

Back