• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So Happy!!!

hiya tarara how you doing, i was wanting to send you a message to see how things were but as you have only a few posts iv not been able to x take care

Awwww thats great news hun....................well done...............good luck for your future happiness. xxx

Thank you all!
About 30 hours till my pre op I'm just hoping everything is ok. I've struggled more in the last few weeks since I got my date than in all the months from my first appointment, and this is just for the pre op, goodness how i am going to be for the actual operation, a quivering wreck I reckon lol.
Not put much at ease because my father in law just went on Monday for his pre op for an op on his knee and they found he was carrying MRSA in his nose so they have postponed everything for him for now. I don't know how it is passed on for it to show up like that.
Guess I'll have to get posting so I can send and recieve messages.

How long after your pre op was your date Hannah? And did you get the date when you went for the pre op? When I went in to be weighed she said I might get it at the end of the pre op appointment.
Not long for you now and well done on losing so much on the pre op diet, that's brilliant.
Anne xx

i got my date before i had my pre-ops, i was weighed on the tuesday and week after on the thursday they rang with my date, i then had my pre-ops week after x but when i went the date was on pre-op info so you might get yours then. when is your pre op ?

tomorrow morning 10am. I was asked when I went ot be weighed if I minded which of the 3 surgeons did the op and I said no so she said that might speed it up a bit. Seems like have been waiting forever now, I'm ready for it to be over and done with.

Hey everyone,

I've only just found this post! How oblivious am I!

Tarara how did your pre-op go? Any news on your date yet? I've only just found you on this site, but things have been a little hectic since I saw you at the WLS Meet!

I was the same as Hannah and I got my date 6 weeks before my op, and 4 weeks before my pre-op.

Oooooo I wonder which surgeon you will get! Mr Dobbins did mine and he was great! Poor lad came to visit me before he went to work and before he went home - EVERYDAY! He really does work a lot does that man!

Steph x

No date yet. :-( I have appointment to go see anaethatist(sp?) on the 23rd of December and the nurse I saw today said I may get my date before i see him but not for certain. Then will be called back for another blood test and will get my diet sheets then.
Now got to go see GP once a week for BP as it was slightly high, she said not enough to cause any delays but as never been high before they needed to keep a check but chances were it was just nerves. I also put 1lb on so really annoyed with myself for that but on the plus side I haven't done what i would normally and dive into a pile of choccies and other goodies!
Hi Steph! It would be nice to have Mr Ainslie as I have only ever seen him and he's really nice but so long as they can do the job I'll be happy with whoever lol

Not long now for you Hannah, I can't wait until I have only a week to go this has been a very long year.

your pre -op appointment sounded just like mine lol i had to go back and see anaethatist, which took all of 3 mins ! i asked if i could have that blood test at same time so i didnt have to come back, bet you have your date this next week id give his reseptionist a ring to see if she has an idea of a date as she was the one who rung me x

Won't be so bad if I can have blood test at same time, I don't understand why they dont' do that along with all the other blood tests, would save on a trip they could have just taken another vial today. All seems a heck of a lot of backwards and forwards for stuff here where other places seem to do it in a lot less visits.

Back