• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Successfully Sleeved in Shrewsbury!

Hi there,

Just seen this thread - you are doing so well! I was also wondering when I could go swimming- I am 4 weeks post op! Also live in Shropshire and work in Shrewsbury!

Well done from the pictures you are doing really well!

Hi there,

Just seen this thread - you are doing so well! I was also wondering when I could go swimming- I am 4 weeks post op! Also live in Shropshire and work in Shrewsbury!

Well done from the pictures you are doing really well!

Hello!

Thank you...I'm so pleased with my 1 stone 10lb's loss so far.

Where were you 'done' in Telford or Shrewsbury? I spoke to the nurse and she said you can swim from 3 weeks post op (I've probably already said that). I'm looking forward to going, considering re joining Ballentynes.

Nice to hear from you...how are you doing? I live and work here in Shrewsbury. Xx

I ended up going privately as I was told that I probably not be able to get it done on the NHS.

Ballentynes is a lovely gym/swimming pool. I think I may go swimming this weekend as I used to love going. Hoping to start aqua aerobics soon!

Shrewsbury is lovely, I have lived in Shropshire for a few years now and love being in the countryside!

Yes I can't wait to swim, it would have been lovely today I've been so hot!

Love the sun but not a fan of humid weather. But saying that, I know next summer I'll manage far better not being the size I am now!!!

21st 3 lb's today so that's 1st 11lb's lost so far. Well chuffed with that!

Am managing to sleep on my right side most of the night and haven't taken any pain killers for 3 days now. Went out in the car for the first time yesterday. Had the roof down and blew the cobwebs away, was lovely!

Really fancied a nice walk somewhere today but it's chucking it down! Charming lol. I can either stay in and chill, stay in and sort clothes out or go to ikea!! Ummm....

The weather today has been awful! Although glad it's not been so hot as I have had trouble drinking enough the last few days! Off swimming tomorrow for the first time! Well done on the weight loss your doing so well.

The weather today has been awful! Although glad it's not been so hot as I have had trouble drinking enough the last few days! Off swimming tomorrow for the first time! Well done on the weight loss your doing so well.

Thank you. How about you, how much have you lost? I bet you love swimming...not long for me now.

Day 15 post op.

Current weight: 21st 2lb's
Total loss so far: 1st 12lb's

Have felt a bit naff the last day or so. Not unwell or anything just generally hot and bothered and fed up.

My daily calorie intake seems a bit low and I've defo not been getting the fluid in. Yesterday and today I've slept in until 11 ish and actually got up around 12.30. Tomorrow I will be up early and on the case with my fluids and moving about more. My other half's away and I miss him! Funny because when he's here I could cheerfully throttle him lol.

We're going away at the weekend just the 2 of us. Really looking forward to it. Am going to give myself a bit of a going over later - defuzz myself etc. Might cheer me up!

I'm going to email the team I think and ask if there is a set amount of calories I should be having. Also I'm not sure how much protein I should be getting in either. Initially I was feeling like I'd lost but not at all now. I feel bloated and 'heavy' just more like a lump than usual.

God, a right ray of sunshine today!!

Day 16 post op:

Alarm went off at 7. Just having my water and watching a bit of day break or whatever it's called now. Feeling much more positive, thank goodness.

Off to get my lash extensions this morning. Fancy a bit of glamour! I did my tash lash night and gave managed to burn my face a bit, very glamorous lol. Hoping the lashes will compensate.

After salon, visiting my gran then off to see Planet of the Apes tonight with my son. Looking forward to that.

Not weighed yet. Trying to leave a few days in between. It's easy to get addicted to the scales! Thinking of joining Slimming World with my mum, have been many times before. This time would be more to get me focused, have a official. Weigh in and give me ideas and inspiration for low fat meals and snacks. Obviously the only difference will be my portion sizes.

Happy Wednesday :)

X

Day: 26 post op: 21st

Well after a stall for over a week I've lost 2lb's today. Please with that.

Have been struggling to get enough water in and also protein. I don't have any inclination to eat at all! its very strange. As of today am on a mission and have got an app on my phone to remind me to drink! Hoping this will speed things up somewhat.

Had a brilliant weekend away last weekend and have been in Wales all last with my son. Swimming in the sea and loads of walking. It was lovely. I've been having a lot of pain though on my left side. It's particularly bad when bending and driving, laughing and coughing/sneezing are also a bit of a problem lol. The stall has been really crappy. Hope it'll start moving again now though with all this water.

Am on the purée stage now, 2 more weeks then it's soft foods. Exciting times!! Going to see the consultant a week Tuesday so will be good to see what he thinks of these pains I'm getting although I'm sure their normal.

Planning on going to look at a couple of gyms this week. Want to start toning up my flabby bod! Feel so much better with just this 2 stone off. It's so exciting to think how I'll feel with another 2 and more off!!

Xx

Day: 26 post op: 21st

Well after a stall for over a week I've lost 2lb's today. Please with that.

Have been struggling to get enough water in and also protein. I don't have any inclination to eat at all! its very strange. As of today am on a mission and have got an app on my phone to remind me to drink! Hoping this will speed things up somewhat.

Had a brilliant weekend away last weekend and have been in Wales all last with my son. Swimming in the sea and loads of walking. It was lovely. I've been having a lot of pain though on my left side. It's particularly bad when bending and driving, laughing and coughing/sneezing are also a bit of a problem lol. The stall has been really crappy. Hope it'll start moving again now though with all this water.

Am on the purée stage now, 2 more weeks then it's soft foods. Exciting times!! Going to see the consultant a week Tuesday so will be good to see what he thinks of these pains I'm getting although I'm sure their normal.

Planning on going to look at a couple of gyms this week. Want to start toning up my flabby bod! Feel so much better with just this 2 stone off. It's so exciting to think how I'll feel with another 2 and more off!!

Xx

I had same kind of pains as your describing was quite worried so phoned bryoney up she said it was normal my body had been through a lot. Mr riera didn't seem concerned when I saw him.

I had same kind of pains as your describing was quite worried so phoned bryoney up she said it was normal my body had been through a lot. Mr riera didn't seem concerned when I saw him.

That's good to know thanks love. I forget sometimes that it's only been 4 weeks, no time at all really! How are you doing?

I've managed the 60g's of protein the last few days but I know the week prior I didn't get nearly enough. I'm relying on the drinks for most of it. They are vile and tend to go straight through me, sorry for the 'to much information' lol xx

Fenton01 well done you, I expect your body will go into starvation mode and try to live of the fat you have stored. Then it gets a shock of some kind and starts to loose again, it's funny how it all works when you think about it. But keep up the good work and take it easy it's only been a few weeks you need to let your body get over the op

Fenton01 well done you, I expect your body will go into starvation mode and try to live of the fat you have stored. Then it gets a shock of some kind and starts to loose again, it's funny how it all works when you think about it. But keep up the good work and take it easy it's only been a few weeks you need to let your body get over the op

It is all very funny, how it all works! I've only got 2 weeks left before I go back to work so I'm going to make the most of it and rest up! X

Glad to hear that, because like I've said it before we don't take enough notice of the surgeons when they say rest they are telling us for a very good reason. We all lead busy lives but we can cause more harm than good not doing as were told.

So my day of rest was interrupted when I decided to have a move around in my hallway. I've restled with our old desk and got it out into the garden. That's it now I'm lying down for an hour lol.

On the plus side I've lost 2lb's today. The stall has buggered off...Yay!!

30 days post op.

20st 12lb's so that's 2 stone 6lbs lost so far.

Well the stall seemed to have stopped but I've only lost 2lb's, it's stopped again now.

Think I must be doing something wrong! So here's yesterday's food:

1 fortimil drink
1/2 tin of macaroni cheese
1 small pot low fat Greek yoghurt
Few pieces of melon (well chewed)
1/2 fresh quorn cottage pie
1 muller light Greek style yoghurt
2 babybel lights
3 75cl bottles water

Today so far:

1 fortimil drink
2 muller light Greek yoghurt
1/2 can macaroni cheese

Does this all sound to much? Would really appreciate your opinions!

Thank you in advance xxx

Went to slimming world tonight. Am going to use this as my official weekly weigh in. I'd lost 4.5lbs from last week so that's now 2 stone 8 lb's.

Super pleased with that...I cannot wait to get down to the 19 stone bracket...I love my sleeve!!!

5 weeks today since my sleeve. It's gone so quickly! Bought some cute trousers yesterday 3 times smaller than I was wearing pre op...lovely feeling!!

ForumRunner_20140811_183234.jpg

Back