• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Successfully Sleeved in Shrewsbury!

How's the return to work going

Hiya...its busy!! Just come home to do some work in peace for an hour before I've got to go back out and do a presentation tonight to prospective carers.

Feeling very tired...haven't had a back to work interview! Got supervision tomorrow. Going to mention that the working day is very long and ask if I could work from home a couple of days a week maybe.

How are you getting on? Xx

Hi I think I'm trying to eat my way through the house just incase I might have missed some treat hiding in a cupboard. I'm surprised the difference in policies between councils. I thought everyone got the same treatment.

Hi I think I'm trying to eat my way through the house just incase I might have missed some treat hiding in a cupboard. I'm surprised the difference in policies between councils. I thought everyone got the same treatment.

Ha...yes no good funding treats when your trying to be so good!

My manager is under enormous stress at the mo to be fair. Me and my op are the least of her problems! Will see what supervision beings tomorrow.

Looking forward to slimming world tomorrow to see how much I've lost this week.

Where you going on holiday did you say? X

You manager may be under a lot of stress but let's face it she gets paid for it but your health should be taken into account. If you end up sick long term she will be even more stressed. I'm sorry I'm on a bit of a downer on managers at the moment our lot are all for themselves because they are fighting for their jobs, however they are being brutal. I know that the main one knows about my plans but she doesn't know that I know she knows if you know what I mean and she keeps making comments about loosing wright by trying instead of having operations. This is because I said I had lost a bit of weight when I was of recently with tennis elbow all because I use a stick to walk and had over don't it over Christmas. Every move is being watched it's like being at school

You manager may be under a lot of stress but let's face it she gets paid for it but your health should be taken into account. If you end up sick long term she will be even more stressed. I'm sorry I'm on a bit of a downer on managers at the moment our lot are all for themselves because they are fighting for their jobs, however they are being brutal. I know that the main one knows about my plans but she doesn't know that I know she knows if you know what I mean and she keeps making comments about loosing wright by trying instead of having operations. This is because I said I had lost a bit of weight when I was of recently with tennis elbow all because I use a stick to walk and had over don't it over Christmas. Every move is being watched it's like being at school

That's dreadful!! How dare she be like that with you! It's none of her flamin business, your having this op for your health and she should support you.

I know what you mean about them being out for them selves. It's so stressful In LA's at the moment isn't it with all the cuts.

I had supervision yesterday and asked about my return to work interview...didn't go down too well (she doesn't like to be shown as not doing her job, although this happens on a daily basis lol). I asked for a referral to occ health to which she agreed but didn't seem keen, she knows they might suggest I limit my hours for a while. I've been so tired I've really struggled. Felt like crap last night, cold and hot, ear ache sore throat. Sure it's all from tiredness. We'll see what they say anyway.

Went to slimming world last night and had only lost 1/2 lb. Was really fed up with that. Went swimming afterwards with my friend...that was nice but christ I was tired when I got home. Think gym and swimming in 1 day along with work was a bit too much!! X

How work going are you getting treated a bit better

Hiya love...I had a week back and have been off again the last week ha ha!! Needed to use up my annual leave before tomorrow.

Been struggling a bit. Am finding myself picking at stuff. It's my birthday today and I've had chocolate buttons and just had some buttered break ahead of my tea (chicken and salad)

so in all today I've had

2 x fortimil drinks
Chicken breast 1/2
Salad leaves with toms and some grayed cheese
A few little squares of roasted sweet potatoe
1/2 a buttered roll

Have prepared the same for tea as I had for lunch but a smaller portion.

Oh and I also had about 20 chocolate buttons earlier, my mum wanted to get a birthday cake we settled on some buttons instead!!! I shouldn't of had anything.

It was hard last week because I took my son so London for 4 days, I lived mainly on M&S sandwiches!! Only had 1/2 lb losses this week and last at slimming world. Panicking at I'm slipping into old ways and am going to remain so overweight. Maybe I'm being dramatic I don't know! Would really like to know what people eat on a daily basis and hear what you like about what I've had today.

Xx

Hi Fento01 you naughty girl eating something nice on your birthday lol First happy birthday and secondly you should always treat yourself on what is your special day. I think you just need to get organised,that's something your good at in your job. You still seem to be in the beat yourself up mode. I think you need to just chill a bit and remember it's early days so it's still a learning curve and your bound to have still be getting your head around things. You did well to just stick to the no birthday cake now that's a change, before you wouldn't have though twice about it I guess but this time you chose something else to eat and enjoy. Be good to yourself you just need to be sorted get into a routine. I'm in my second week A/L and I know I had a naughty weekend last week, I have been very careful this week but I'm not eating diet food, just got back from a local Toby Inn and set the biggest carvery ever with a pudding I'm stuffed but my god I did enjoy it. In doing a goodbye to foods I know I will never eat again after surgery and before the mad bad diet next week, I start that on the 10 th . Hope you have a good week :)

ForumRunner_20140918_202737.jpg

ForumRunner_20140918_202750.jpg

Not been on for a while but still loosing steadily! Feel so much better in myself and people are really starting to notice now. Will update properly in the next day or so. Hope everyone's doing ok xxx

Thank you all! It's lovely to see the transformation.

I've struggled the last 5/6 days. Old habits are creaping in. I made a vow last night to start again this morning and go back to basics, then whilst preparing a pan au chocolate for my son this morning I stuck one in for mysel!! How stupid. Went to slimming world last Thursday and had put on 1lb. My reaction was totally irrational, I was so disappointed with myself.

I need to get back to reading the threads I'm subscribed to on here and get back in the zone.

Has anyone else had a blip like this? Xx

hey ive recently joined and just read this thread, and wanted to say a big ol hello, i am due to have sleeve next week, so reading lots of threads. ive read a few and see when people stall or fall of some sort of wagon, they simpl go back to basics. Start afresh but i know in the job one tends to not prepare food and self neglects.....do yourself a huge favour and prepare food, keep it intereting and dont waste food space on poopy food. you didnt get this far on poopy food.

your photos are absolutly fantastic and so so encouraging, flipping well done xxx you look like a real sparkle in your eyes and glowing skin x

Hi and welcome, this is a great site, I'm having my op on the 10 October I'm on count down I can't wait :)

7th xx was very excited but now just gettng nervous, and just want the first 2 weeks over and done x

lovely to make your acquaintance

xx

Thanks for sharing your story, I'm I'm four days post op, and it's inspiring to read .

Hi...how are you feeling? It's great to be able to read peoples stories warts and all isn't it. I spent hours and hours on here before hand and straight after. I need to get back to reading how everyones doing, it will keep me on track!! xx

Hi and welcome, this is a great site, I'm having my op on the 10 October I'm on count down I can't wait :)

God the 10th is coming round fast!! How are you feeling love? Hows the LSD diet going? Sorry I've not been about much...going to get back to it now, it helps me.

Had a good food day yesterday (apart from the pan au chocolate)

I had:

Protein shake
cup a soup for lunch
3x mini baby bel light
some noodles with veg and chicken
greek yog with melon

Pleased with that.

My water in take has definitely diminished so that's my big priority now. Protein and water, protein and water, protein and water lol!!!! :tear_drop::tear_drop:

Back