• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Successfully Sleeved in Shrewsbury!

Wow you can really see a difference. Well done!! You look amazing. xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Well went for my check up and I was 20st 6lbs on their scales so that's officially 2 st 12lb's gone since pre op diet (2st 12lb's lost in 8 weeks)

Consultant was pleased with me and said it would be fine to start the gym. I'm now on soft foods and can swallow tablets. No more vile liquid medication hurrah!!

I went straight to my local Gymophobic gym, it's just for woman, no mirrors and is based on resistance and repetition training. Have joined up and did my first session yesterday. They were fab, did all my measurements and body fat ratio etc. Going to make the effort to go every day. They get great results with toning and inch loss.

The soft food thing is great! I'd bought myself a little one egg frying pan and have been having omelette with mushroom, cheese and ham...delicious!!! I also had some bread yesterday. I had one slice of wholemeal bread I slice ham I slice of cheese. God it was nice!

Off to the gym later on then to slimming world to get weighed. I put a load of clothes on Facebook yesterday for sale, feeling pretty good at the moment. The future is bright, the future is slimline, lol xx

Fento01 your looking good, well done remember to take it easy to start with at the gym at this rate your be doing marathons. I can't wait to use some of the clothes I bought years ago kidding myself that I would slim down and they would fit me lol so after my op they just might. It will feel even better when I can get rid of them for even smaller things. Everyone on here who had been done and is looking good are an inspiration keep up the good work .:)

Well done fento thats really great weight loss! Im looking forward to getting in the gym after my op! Good luck with it all

On the getting new clothes thing I've just got back from shopping and Asda is having a clothes sale so I've just bought two pairs of trousers for 2:50 size 18 and considering I'm a 24 that's a bargin . I'm going to put the on my bed room door and I will have two new pair of trousers when I start to lose weight.,

Just got back from Asda with another three pairs of linen trousers for a fiver in a smaller size I'm feeling well pleased :)

Just got back from Asda with another three pairs of linen trousers for a fiver in a smaller size I'm feeling well pleased :)

Fab! Sales are great for us at the mo...madness buying expensive stuff. You'll be in those trousers quicker than you can say does my bum look big in this lol xx

6 weeks tomorrow since my op! It's gone so quickly.

Thank you all of you who commented on my progress picture. I can really see the difference now which is brill.

Really enjoying the gym. It's only a half hour circuit and over before you know it but I can really feel that my muscles are having a work out! Stiff as a board yesterday!! They do classes there to so going to be brave and put my name down for a couple.

Have sold loads more clothes on Facebook which is good. Nice to see them all going in preparation for new ones coming in! Not buying anything else get though, it's a funny time of year..will defo need some work trousers soon when it gets cooler but will make do with leggings for now.

Back to work tomorrow. Kind of looking forward to seeing everyone but also the thought of the 9 - 5 slog doesn't fill me with joy! Am lucky though because I'm only in this week and then off again for a week!!

Am off to London with my son which will be lovely. I've bought some lovely crocs to wear in preparation for all the walking. There not the usual big ones but like a pump style with sling backs in black they just look like normal shows but sooo comfy!

Heard about some new sausages at slimming world last week. Their called Heck sausages, their chicken, mozzarella and something else, can't remember what. From tesco...well their lush! Very low fat and very high protein so thoroughly recommended. The whole pack at slimmimg world is 3.5 sins (very low) and their quite small. I had 2 last night with some beans...There in tesco...try them!!!

Hi fento01 your right about the trousers, I don't need tops because I have a small suite case full of tops I have bought over the years with the intentions of dieting enough to fit into them. They all have the price tags on , some must be 10 years old and have never been worn but have all come back into fashion lol I can't wait to have a trying on day and to say Oh that ones is to big lol. Take it easy at work tomorrow don't push your self hard, can you not do a fazed return to work. Just make sure you organised with you lunch etc good luck :)

Last edited:
Well I'm planning in phasing myself in...little do they know! I'm a social worker so I manage my own diary. I'm not going to be doing late visits and faffing about doing extra duties. Not so much because of the op I've but more because I'm fed up with doing extra all the time for no thanks at all. Going to look after myself a bit more from now on and learn to say no! Loving this gym lark...I can't half feel abs are toning alread!! Get measured in another 8 days or so, can't wait to see if I've lost inches!! Xx

Oh and yes I know what you mean about having loads of tops that you intended to slim into...I've got loads!! Either things I'd bought or stuff that I grew out of lol and loved so kept just in case one day I managed to do it!! got them all lined up for work. Don't know what to have for lunch at work. Probably stick to either a pot of low fat custard and a banana or some melon and Greek yoghurt. Nice and easy..
Xx

Fento01 fancy that that's my job lol I know what you mean if you don't look after yourself they won't. Are you one having fazed return occy health would be suggesting it mine have already suggested if I go ahead ( try stopping me) with surgery that's what will happen :)

Well fancy!! Which are of SW are you in? I'm a supervising SW in the fostering team.

First day back today...I'm shattered tonight. Came home via the gym and did my half hour circuit. Have come home put the tea on, been back out to shop to get milk and now collapsed on the sofa waiting for food to cook. Am going to ring Oc health tomorrow...A couple of people have said to me that I should be on a phased return. Think I might check it out.

Overwhelmed already just after 1 day back...was given 2 new assessments today and already have one on the go from before I went off!!

Anyway on the plus side...being at work felt fine eating wise, I wasn't tempted to go out to the 100's of butty vans that call at the office or raid the Hospice chocolate box!! Definite danger zones for me before. It did cross my mind to buy wine when I popped to the shop earlier...something I was in a very bad habit of doing before. But resisted. Cannot go down that road!!

How are you doing? X

Hi I was a mental health SW but over the past two years I've been pushed into LD &PD review team we review all the cases on the books and see if we can reduce their packages an impossible job. It's cut costs or jobs will go. You can see why I'm looking forward to time of . I am getting some more mental health cases now which I love I just can't get on with the others because I don't have a passion for it plus we as in the team that merged have had no training. There a lot of legal challenges regarding cost etc but hey ho. If I'm of for more than 4 weeks I would get a phased ( spelt right this time lol) return you shouldn't just be straight in what about your return to work interview? As I said look after you because they won't. As got me this weekend is the first on in years I haven't weight myself in not going to until the weekend before I start the mad diet. I'm having a diet holiday, funnily I'm not pigging out in fact I have had to remind myself I need to eat can't be bad :)

Last edited:
Back